1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/11: 10 Years Later

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by spartanstew, Sep 12, 2011.

1. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Recorded this last night and watched it tonight. I thought it was amazing. It was not what I expected at all, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

My boys are 8 and 6, and I think I'm going to sit them down and watch it with them next weekend.

Truly gave me a perspective I didn't have before.

And while totally different, I also enjoyed this timeline that was in USA Today last week.

2. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I enjoyed it, too.

3. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Is this on Reelz?

4. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It was on one of the major networks on Sunday night.

It was a documentary that started out chronicling a rookie fireman and they just happened to be filming when the towers got hit. Unbelievably well done and included footage I'd never seen before - inside the towers during the chaos, for example. Told the story of this one firehouse and how the events effected all of the firemen there, including how they're dong now. Very powerful.

5. splish

splish AllStar

Nov 7, 2002
    I was out of town so I missed it. Is it online somewhere?

6. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    It aired on CBS. You should be able to find it on CBS.com -- outstanding doc, amazing footage.

7. RMBittner

RMBittner Legend

Mar 28, 2011
    This actually first ran on TV in 2001 (maybe 2002?) and is available on DVD. It really is an excellent documentary.

I didn't see this new showing, since I watch the DVD every year at this time, but I believe it may have included some new interviews/footage.

Definitely worth adding to your collection.

Bob

8. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    It's worth the trouble of looking on-line for it... or wait for the re-broadcast. Either way, it's THAT good.

9. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    They must have added some new stuff, because the last part was updates on most of the guys and what they're doing now (10 years later). It also dealt with the number of deaths that are starting to occur due to first responders breathing in the "dust" from the towers collapsing. I don't think they would have had any of that much earlier.

What's the running time on the DVD you have? The one they aired on Sunday was 2 hours without commercials.

10. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
  11. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I watched it way back in early 2002.It's was one of the better docs. that has been done.I always wanted to know what happened to the members of the 1 and 7 house.It was very sad to learn many of them have become sick & a few have passed away.It was eerie seeing the film from inside the NorthTower.HBO also did a very good doc back in 02 also.Wow it's been 10 years already.It seems like it was just yesterday.