90 Minute time display error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ColdCase, May 14, 2019.

1. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    I tried to search but with all the issues folks have been having recently it is hard for me to quickly sift through the posts to find something relevant. I’ll continue looking.

In the mean time, I have an HR-24 500 thats been working well for months. I moved it to another room, same time zone :), but we noticed last night the time display and guide is 90 minutes off, later than real time, 9PM real time, 10:30PM display time. The recorded shows record real time as scheduled, however. We reset a couple times during the move, which doesn’t seem to change things. If it was like an hour I’d be thinking a time zone issue, but 90 minutes?

Anything simple I missed, or a thread that will point me in the right direction short of just ignoring the time display? I really don’t want to be talking with tech support again.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Display, clock
    Mine is set to Auto ( Central )
    Daylight ( DST ) Auto (YES)

Rich likes this.
  3. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    Hmm.. Newfoundland. :).

jimmie57 likes this.
  4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yep. Newfoundland has a 30 minute offset from Atlantic Time, which is 60 minutes ahead of Eastern Time.

It is interesting that DIRECTV allows you to set the time zone. DISH sets the time zone based on service address.

5. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    If you have an RV, you need to be able to set the time zone.