921 Weird Message

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by jmraider75, Jan 21, 2007.

1. jmraider75

jmraider75 New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    I am getting this message often for the past two weeks I can't get rid off it. The error that I am getting is 872. My receiver won't let me record a program and watch another program. This very annoying I have called dishnetwork that a software downloaded is need, but I never can't can take their download to fix this problem. Any suggestiions? My software is @ L278. This receiver was running perfectly before now it's not.

hxxp://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/921.shtml

2. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    L278 is the latest, so I'm not sure what it thinks it needs to download. Have you done a power-button reset?

3. jmraider75

jmraider75 New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes I did so I don't know what to do?

4. GFloyd

GFloyd Legend

Jun 3, 2003
    Are you getting this error when you set a timer or pressing the record button when tuning to a program?

If I manually record a program, then I cannot change the channel. If, however, I set a timer, no problem. If I'm watching something live that I want to record, I will sometimes set a timer to fire in 1 minute, which is a good workaround for this known issue.

5. jmraider75

jmraider75 New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Either way it does it if I do it manual or if I program in advance. This is driven nuts it was working fine before for a year now suddenly I am getting this annoying error. I will also will like to thank everyone that is helping me out.

Thank you

6. jmraider75

jmraider75 New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    My problem when away now with this new software upgrade L330.

7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Thanks for the update! I wish more people would report on the resolution of their problems.

8. penguin44

penguin44 Legend

Oct 29, 2005
    actually, mine went awat as well. only this happened some time ago, the problem, i couldn't even power it off without cancelling a recording. seems to have a mind of it own. but seems gone now.