1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

922 new software on 722, 612, etc

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by maysis, Apr 18, 2010.

1. maysis

maysis Cool Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I love the new 922! Will the GUI/OS software eventually be installed on the older receivers? Or should I just go ahead and upgrade all of my other receivers to 922?

Here are my issues:

Overscan issue on Guide (left side is cropped one inch)

The dropdown menus on Guide (and other screens) have a gray font that is hard to see, it should be white instead of gray

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Hi, and welcome...

I seriously doubt we'll see the 922 GUI on the 622/722. Those receivers are very different from the 922 and the 622 isn't even manufactured anymore. Perhaps the 722 is not being made either, but I can't say 100% on that.

Now... the 722K and the 922 have a lot more in common, aside from the Sling part... so I *could* see the possibility of a 722K one day running a 922-like GUI... However, I'd still bet against that because Dish most likely would want to keep more value-add on the 922 to differentiate it and to entice customers to upgrade and spend more money for that upgrade.

IF they made a 722K run the same GUI... then the only thing it wouldn't have (right now) would be Sling... and you can buy a Slingbox to add that.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The 722 hasn't been manufactured for more than a year now. It's all 722k.