1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95degree international and swm hd..?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by pjwinstalls, Jun 11, 2018.

1. pjwinstalls

pjwinstalls Mentor

Oct 14, 2008
    I service a small island community and handle all of the directv installs/upgrades. I have client with an existing worlddirect dish with a 101 and 95 lnb attached to it connected to a zinwell 6x8 switch. This is so they can get a braziliian channel. They want to upgrade to hr 54 and a client for a total of 2 tvs. But they need to keep the brazil channel. I can't find a definitive answer on how to accomplish this....what dishes, lnbs, switches, diplexers, etc.... do i need?

Thanks
    Philip

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Since it's an HR54 and Mini client the subscriber wants, he (she) has to be upgraded to HD which will require a second Slimline dish and a SWM installation used in addition to the 95W dish with the 101W LNB removed.

But before I suggest the equipment needed, is the client interested in 4K service or not?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

3. pjwinstalls

pjwinstalls Mentor

Oct 14, 2008
    No 4k service needed. Thanks!

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Starting with the equipment, you'll need in short order ...

A Slimline Ka/Ku band dish like here with the standard 2 ft. mast with monopoles for additional sturdy-ness.

DIRECTV 3 LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna SL-3 LNB Combo (AU9-SL3) from Solid Signal

Or here with a "stubby" mount ...

DIRECTV SL3 SL5 Slim Line Satellite Dish with Stub Mount (SLSPF-LP) from Solid Signal

A legacy 4 outlet Slimline-3 LNB like here;

DIRECTV Slimline Four Output LNB for 99 101 and 103 Satellites (SL3) from Solid Signal

A SWiM-8 multiswitch like here ...

DIRECTV SWM 8 Channel Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM-8-NOPOWER) from Solid Signal

And PI to power it ...

DIRECTV 29-Volt SWM-8/SWM-16/SWM-30 Multiswitch Power Inserter (PI-29Z) from Solid Signal

And a one by two or four way SWiM signal splitter.

DIRECTV 2-Way Wide Band Satellite Splitter for SWM Systems (SPLIT2MRV) from Solid Signal

DIRECTV 4-Way Wideband SWM Satellite Splitter (SPLIT4MRV) from Solid Signal

*Not suggesting you purchase any of these items from solid signal, but is only for illustration purposes. Recommend places like ebay for far cheaper prices.

Is the client going to be connecting the Genie to the internet?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. pjwinstalls

pjwinstalls Mentor

Oct 14, 2008
    probably no internet on the genie...its a beach house and they dont watch tv a ton

6. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Ok, then the 2 x 1 SWiM splitter should suffice ...

Here are photo examples (not that you'll use pole mounts for the dishes) and basic wiring diagrams for the installation, with 4 coax lines from the Slimline dish to the SWiM-8 module. And a single line from the linear LNB of the 95W dish to "flexport 1" of the multiswitch.

Remove the 101W LNB from the 95W dish as it's no longer needed and is now supplied by the Slimline dish.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. pjwinstalls

pjwinstalls Mentor

Oct 14, 2008
    thank you very much...my distributor perfect 10 had no idea!