95W to HR54-700

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by BUDGUY, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:57 PM.

1. BUDGUY

BUDGUY New Member

Thursday
    My mother`s old analog receiver that gets 101W and 95W using worlddirect dish had been acting up so called directv and was suggested receiver upgrade, which I did and sent me a hr54-700. My question is- because my mother only watches international channel, can I just connect 95W lnb directly to hr54-700 sat in (swm-5) bypassing switch, etc..? If can`t, what would be the simplest wiring that will satisfy my interest in this particular situation? Your input is much appreciated.

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    No you cannot connect the 95W dish LNB directly into the HR54 as it can only use SWiM input signals from a SWiM integrated LNB or external multiswitch and for other technical reasons.

But this aside, DIRECTV should not have simply shipped you a Genie like that, but scheduled you a service call for a full receiver upgrade by replacing the 95W dish (which is actually obsolete now) with a Slimline dish and Reverse Band capable "SL3RB" LNB.

Call DIRECTV back and ask for a full receiver upgrade and new dish. As the 95W international satellite is going away soon and its programming has been duplicated on the Reverse Band at 99W for many months now.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    And to be clear that new one and dish/lnb means one dish and one wire to the receiver and that’s it. No more switch etc..