"A" customer question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dthoman, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dthoman

dthoman Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    I used to get the greating acknowledging that I am a "A" customer whether is was by a CSR or if I phoned from home and got a recorded greating.

Now I am not getting it. I thought maybe DTV stopped doing it but, I noticed that when people post on this forum that are saying that DTV acknowledges them as "A" customer.

I haven't changed a thing in my programming or that my bill is paid early every month.

The only thing that has changed is that since I got my HR20, I have been on the phone with DTV contstantly.

Or maybe since I got my HR20 for free I am not considered a "A" customer.

Not a big deal just was curious. When I asked DTV about it, the CSR played dumb and said they never had any acknowledgements like that.

2. WANDERER

WANDERER Banned User

Sep 27, 2006
    I'd rather be a customer they barely prefer ("D-") - you were an "A" customer for a reason! :)

3. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    They dropped the "A" designation a few months ago. They still grade customers. They just don't seem to be very up front with it anymore.

4. axiom

axiom Cool Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Recently, every time I call the CSR tells me "I see you are one of our best customers."

Whether that's true, I don't know. It probably means I spend way too much per month on TV.

5. tombet

tombet Legend

Sep 27, 2006
    I feel the same way - oops, maybe I better cut back on my TV spending. But right after they tell me what a valued customer I am, and on the "A List", they proceed to transfer me to 2 other people, keep me on hold for 15 minutes, and ask me to reconfirm my address about 5 times, though I have not moved in 17 years and have had their service for 10. So I don't think the "A List" is quite the honor they make it out to be. If my call were really that important to them as they keep telling me on the recorded message, they wouldn't keep me on hold for 15 minutes.

6. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    When I log onto the D* web site and go to my account it says "Enjoy the A-list. Your loyalty has earned your exclusive privleges and offers." and a Find out more button

7. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Godfather

Jun 29, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    No, they have a "best customer" designation, as well as a "hearts" program.

0 hearts: no history with them (like a new customer)
    3 hearts: average financial history with them. You can get treated well, and if the situation warrants ( loss of service, billing error) you get compensated with goodies.
    5 hearts: great financial history with them, after regular treament, extra goodies if warranted by situation or anniversary with Directv, or near or end of a commitment, or if customer service savvy to extend goodies in exchange for upgrades.
    1 heart: you are not a great risk, may have been slow pay, or had your service disconnected, or keep running up high PPV bills and slow pay, or had payments returned in the past year. Treated fairly, but no favors extended, and real by the book.

"best customer" standing is seperate, but I forgot the exact elixir you would have to get that ranking...The above comes into play, but other factors do too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.