A nit that needs picking

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by RobertE, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Looks like Satguys rushed out a half-baked review of the SWM LNB. Full of errors. Whats the point of being first if your wrong?

Lets see, its actually an 8 port, not 5.

Per the DirecTv training documents, OTA diplexing is not and will not be officially supported. I've been told that while diplexing may work in some cases, it may cause intermittent and unexpected results depending on your programming. They would not elaborate further.

Standard installation is starting now and is planned to be nationwide by Aug 13 2008, not 2009.

The "International" programming is on the 95 sat, so thats redundant.

It's the 72.5 sat location, not the 72.

Oh, guess they never heard of a spell checker either. :lol:

http://www.dbstalk.com/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=1608158

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    They seem to have no idea of the 2.3 MHz comm signal and have confused it with the "extra" channel for common guide info.

3. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Not to drift things too much but this brings to mind how I ended up at DBSTalk. When I first got D* service I actually found the SatGuys site prior to finding this site. After seeing a good bit of negativity towards this site and Earl specifically from several folks over there I decided to check this place out for myself. I like to form my own opinions and there's usually no such thing as too much info. Needless to say the grass was much greener when I got here so I've never gone back. :D Maybe I just stumbled across some bad apples over there but I've had nothing except good vibes here so I see no reason to leave my comfort zone..... :goodjob: :lol:

4. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    They tried to " beat DBSTalk to the first look " lame. Smiddy how are we doing on the first look?

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I don't seem to have permission to view this link.

Are they trying to imply they were involved in the field test?

The problem is that most people who don't already know will believe it.

Mike

6. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    It's a funny read...."BBC converters"....B Band Converter converters...:lol: This is indictive of the lack of knowledge by the writer(s).

Let's assume for a minute the info is correct. Can DirecTV make them pull it?

Interesting.....:scratchin

Mike

7. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Yea they are guessing. The general public may believe it, but thats just because the general public is lazy to a degree. What kills me is they don't even know the work that is put in behind the scenes.

8. Zepes

Zepes Godfather

Dec 27, 2007
    Do you think that maybe they were involved in this test? ........ hmmmm

what can you get from a username?

9. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
  10. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Yup so do I. Wonder where they got them from.

11. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Where is Canis. Thats his house I think.

12. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Folks, we do know about this and are taking the steps we can. We appreciate being made aware of it.

13. jcrandall

jcrandall Godfather

Jun 18, 2004
    It is my pictures, my home, and my writing.

Thank you for pointing out my typo on page 2 where I hit 5 instead of 8, I've corrected it.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned that you need/want DirecTV's approval of your first look writing, it seems it could create a situation of bias.

I've had my review written for a while now, and waited for the LNB to be avilable publically before posting it, just like we were asked to do when agreeing to participate. There should be no hold-up to making information available when people are having them installed by HSP's now:
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/1366574-post30.html

14. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sorry guys, need to close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.