1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about compatability with bluetooth....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by JimAtTheRez, Aug 17, 2010.

1. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I could not find it on here. Is it possible that the MRV/DECA setup can interfere with my bluetooth mouse with my laptop? I thought at first my mouse was bad, so I replaced it. This one acts the same way...it works fine for 15 to 30 seconds, freezes for 15 to 30 seconds, then works again and repeats. I have tried the laptop in multiple rooms, but honestly, there were MRV/DECA setups in each room. I did not associate this problem with installation of MRV a few weeks ago, but the timeline seems to be similar. Hey, I am not a technical guru, so feel free to laugh out loud if this is silly. Thanks in advance.

2. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    MRV/DECA has no bearing at all on Bluetooth. Unless your DECA setup is flooding your ethernet it should be transparent to your computer. If it was doing that, you would have a lot of other problerms. Since it is a laptop, take it in you car down the street and see how it works.

3. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    Thanks Azarby. I've already moved the cordless phone bases. I am at a loss. I appreciate your response.

4. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Just curous, have you ever paired this BT mouse with anotyher computer? If so that could be the issue until you unpair it from the other computer(s) in question. Basically it could be connecting and disconnecting from multiple sources; thus causing the issue.

or

How new and what type of batteries are you using with the mouse? Weak batteries and even new cheap branded batteries can cause this type of issue as well.

or

Does your computer have built in blutooth, or did you add it via a usb dongle of some sort? If using a dongle you may want to change that out and see if the problem is rectified.

5. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    Yoda, thanks for replying. I am going to try pairing it with my desktop to see if it is the mouse or my Dell laptop. My laptop has built in bluetooth, and the batteries are new, and have been changed out just in case. I am thinking even though my bluetooth settings on my laptop show connectivity even when the mouse is flakeing out for those 15 to 30 seconds, it may be the laptop itself. The only other thing I can guess (and this may be totally wrong) is interference from my Harmony 880 Universal remote....I read today that was a posibility.

Again, thanks for your help. If I were not so stubborn, I would just go buy a cheap optical mouse. But as my wife will tell you, I am just a little stubborn.

6. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    I can tell you it's not the universal remote. The logitech 880 series is IR only and isn't in a spectrum where it could even remotely cause an issue like this.

Before pairing it with your desktop, unpair it from your laptop so to eliminate any possible conflict from jump street.

7. BAHitman

BAHitman Godfather

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Usually HID devices will only pair with 1 other device. the only way to unpair them is to pair them with another BT Adapter. of course, there are always exceptions...

first thing is to remove the notebook from the environment... go in the back yard, or on a drive around the neighborhood...

Do you have wireless LAN B/G/N? This can cause problems if it is beeing over utilized because of a technology in your Dell laptop called coexistence.

Basically, if the coexistence settings are enabled, the BT will be unable to transmit when the WLAN card is receiving/Transmitting. so high use of the wireless network can have a drastic affect. one thing you can check is to turn the coexistence setting off in the properties of the WLAN card (typically has to be done in device manager in the devices Advanced settings). this may reduce Wireless LAN performance somewhat, but would be a good test. If you think it has to do with your DECA setup, then you could also try unplugging the internet connected DECA adapter. see if that helps.