A question about downgrading service

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bha19, Jul 2, 2020.

1. bha19

bha19 New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I have been a dish member over 10 years. I currently have top 250 with locals, Multi-sport, and Movie pack. The only reason I have sports pack is the Red Zone which is not on there now. Dish did offer a discount to keep the package. My question is When I try to downgrade I get a popup that says: Disclosures

• This offer will be forfeited and you will be charged the then-current monthly price if you:
      • Pause your DISH service
      • Disconnect your DISH service
    • Once your offer period ends, you will be charged the then-current monthly price for the programming indicated in the offer.
    • Packages No Longer Sold cannot be restored once removed.
    Can someone explain which offers they are talking about?

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    You forfeit any monthly discounts you have and they charge you the full price charged to those who don't know any better. That is if you have a two year price lock and you downgrade, you probably loose the price lock and are charged the full monthly fee. If you have fees grandfathered, you may lose those grandfathers also.

I would do a chat with Dish and save the chat just in case there is any question of what you lose.

3. bha19

bha19 New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Thanks I did chat and eventually called dish and was able to figure out I was fine. I had to call because I also asked about the 55+ program and chat said I had to call.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    So, I wonder if the Preferred Customer program is compatible with the 55+ Program.