A question about moving.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by NoMoRumours, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoMoRumours

NoMoRumours Mentor

Jan 27, 2004
    I have a two tiered question. I recently moved from the State College DMA to the Wilkes Barre DMA. The good news is DISH has locals here as well, the bad news is they require a SuperDish to get them.

A) Is the SuperDIsh larger than the 1 meter restriction that the FCC allows me to install in the exclusive area?

B) Can I install my present DISH system at my new place, and seamlessly still receive my channels including my State College DMAs? ( In other words I hear of people 'moving' to get different locals)

C) Does anyone know the cost of getting the SuperDISh without the 12 month commitment?

2. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    A.) No, it is just under it by a hair.
    B.) Not legally
    C.) Check these thread's, this user is selling his stock out very cheap. Superdish 121 and 105

3. NoMoRumours

NoMoRumours Mentor

Jan 27, 2004

A) that's good. Now I need to find out if my balcony is facing SW.
    b) I'd like to stay legal, my local cable company can get me just the locals for 15 a month, with no commitment, which is a bit more than what DISH would charge but I'd need to buy a SuperDISH.

I just need to get everything okayed by the landlord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.