ABC HD Chicago - Yellow screen

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by benn5325, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benn5325

benn5325 AllStar

Mar 16, 2004
    Anyone else? It's 9:12PM and just a yellow screen. Should be Eli Stone....

2. PhatZim

PhatZim New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Me too, not getting HD channel. No OTA signal either.

3. mcutler

mcutler Cool Member

Jan 27, 2008
    I recently had this same problem in Sacramento, CA. The local station had damage to it's antenna during a windstorm. Took several days to fix it. You should still be able to get the SD version of the same station.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Happen's in SFO frequently, though not usually in prime time. ABC in particular although one morning it was all the SFO HD. I assume they are working on something and take down their (meaning the broadcaster's) HD system. Oh, and sometimes its pink here.

5. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Yipes! I had the DVR set to record 'Eli Stone' while we watched 'ER'. Just checked and it's a yellow screen for half an hour. Too bad because this may have been the last episode ever of 'Eli'. I don't think ABC has renewed it.

6. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    Power surges at Sears Tower knocked several stations off the air for a while last night.

7. tvjay

tvjay Godfather

Sep 26, 2007
    "ABC7's transmitter lost power Thursday night and viewers of Eli Stone missed most of the season finale.

A message from ABC 7 Chicago President & General Manager Emily Barr:

Our Sears transmitter took a power hit at approximately 8:30pm last night and we lost power for about 45 minutes or so.

We continued to feed all local cable systems but our over-the-air analog and HD transmissions were interrupted.

The problem was exacerbated by a second, unrelated problem - an electrician working at the Hancock Tower earlier yesterday accidentally cut a fiber line that would normally feed to our back-up transmitter so we were also unable to switch to our back-up transmitter as that line was in the process of being repaired.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we thank you for your understanding.

Emily Barr

President & General Manager

ABC 7 Chicago

PS: Last night's episode is available on line. It can be accessed via the ABC web site, ABC.com. "

Source: www.abc7chicago.com

8. Bradtothebone

Bradtothebone Godfather

Aug 11, 2003
    Interesting, this same (yellow screen) thing happened in KC today on WDAF, FOX4. The OTA sound and video were off, and the sat channel had sound, but a yellow screen.

Brad

9. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion to watch 'Eli Stone' on ABC.Com. Not the same as my 65" widescreen but better than missing the episode altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.