1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABC-HD in C.Springs-WHY???????

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bnwrx, Oct 7, 2009.

1. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Its been a year since our locals went HD on DTV except for our ABC affiliate. Many emails to no avail later have lead to this post. This station seems to be in a group of stations mostly ABC affiliates who have never signed an agreement with DTV for HD. Local station manager says(numerous times) that the holdup is entirely at DTV. The other stations around the country owned by this group also have not signed on for HD. Does anyone know why? Is it a personal thing with these people? Will they ever sign? The Springs station has been carried on DISH in HD for many months now. Like I said I have emailed the local station manager several times but its always the same reply.
    Here is a link to this groups website:http://www.npgco.com/npgco/

I am just hoping someone on this forum could tell me why this is still going on after a year. Thanks :nono2::nono2::nono2::nono2:

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I would be willing to bet that the Bradley Family is attempting to get substantially more per subscriber than your other local stations... this is usually the case when a bunch of stations across the US owned by the same company (The Bradley Family) are all not being carried in HD.

3. FrostyMelon

FrostyMelon AllStar

Dec 22, 2007
    It's actually Ch.13*TEST. So, it's out there...someone posted about a month ago about it (wasn't that you?), and the only way I ran across it was via Sportsguide (red button) during a race, so now record all races on ABC on that channel.

4. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    You can't set that channel to record, it defaults to the SD.

5. FrostyMelon

FrostyMelon AllStar

Dec 22, 2007
    ^Once you've recorded something off that channel, for me - NASCAR - go into DVR menu under that item (that is recorded on that channel) and hit 'episodes'...pulls up all remaining programs from 13*TEST...worked for me the past couple of weeks (all races pulled from that channel). But, this is based around a sports program, which you pointed out in previous thread was accidentally found while hitting the scoreguide button, not 'off the guide/daily watching'. The only other item I want to pull from ABC in HD is FlashForward...

6. rockymountaind

rockymountaind Cool Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I finally got tired of waiting on NPO to get with the program and ordered an AM21 a few weeks ago. Works great & gives me all the digital subchannels as well.

7. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    What type of antenna are you using, indoor or outdoor?