1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABCW/Superbowl on D*

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by radtek, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radtek

radtek Mentor

Jul 23, 2005

I just heard on AVS forum that some areas in Seattle area are getting the ABC National feed of the Super Bowl ...does anyone know if this so? I have been on hold with D* for 33 minutes trying to find out. :mad: I cannot get a good OTA signal (63 miles from the towers) and the SD signal is so crappy on a 62 inch DLP.
    I know Dish is doing it in selected cities maybe D* will too.

2. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004

If you had a waiver from KOMO 4 you could get KABC-HD on satellite, but otherwise I don't think you'll be able to get it. Does KOMO not broadcast a full HD signal? I would think you could receive it within 63 miles with an outdoor antenna.

3. radtek

radtek Mentor

Jul 23, 2005
    I was turned down for a waiver.... The problem here in the Seattle area is all the hills, mtns., tall trees make it a nightmare trying to recieve OTA signal, I can get FOX OTA but of course the game is not on FOX. I have waited 30 years for this and have to watch it on crapola SD :mad:

4. thedonn

thedonn AllStar

Jan 10, 2006
    Im in LA and the signal on ABCW is about half as clean as the OTA from Mt Witney or whatever it is. OTA is kicking DTVs ass. I never really compared the two signals on ABC before with my H20 but today I see there's a big difference.

5. Larry_Rymal

Larry_Rymal AllStar

Jan 15, 2006
    No difference, at least on my end via Houston's ABC OTA vs. DTV. Been switching back and forth just to see. Honestly, no difference. Now that is at this point of time, at this typing. Things do change.

6. thedonn

thedonn AllStar

Jan 10, 2006
    at almost 7pm Pacific time, DTVs signal is still way bad. It almost looks like widescreen standard definition. My tv is showing alot of digital noise on the darker spots in the pic, compared to the OTA which is perfect.

7. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Mine's good out here in the east.

8. radtek

radtek Mentor

Jul 23, 2005
    I got my OTA to lock in ....saw the game in great HD ....nothing like watching your team lose in HD, maybe when they return in 2036 ......sigh...

9. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005

Unless you got to see it live at the stadium... :(

(I was at the Bears playoff loss this year.. :( )

Sorry man, I was really cheering for the Seahawks...

They had an extra couple of "zebras" against them somtimes.

Anyone with any experience watching football would say that was very much a non-hold (the play when it was down to the 1 yard line)

However, I do have to agree on the TouchDown replay though, that ball crossed by like maybe the outer lining of the football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.