About Danny R

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Holtz, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I thought I would take a moment to thank Danny R for organizing the Amazing Race and researching those darned questions. Who would have thought he would come up with questions that ended up being a fast forward and a pit stop.

:allthumbs

2. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    The water cooling towers were almost a guarantee due to the previews as well as the opening credits.

The street name though was good. Danny, do you get to watch these a week before they air? I think the show also cleared up which street really is the correct answer as well.

3. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Thanks for the thanks. Yes, the water tower was shown in previews, so finding a question relating to it wasn't that hard.

I think the show also cleared up which street really is the correct answer as well.

Actually not. I checked and it was neither of the answers given. ;-)

http://www.southafrica.info/mandela/mandela-museum.htm

The pit stop was near 8115 Ngakane Street, where Mandela had his first home

If you read the link above, it mentions a 4th street, Vilakazi where Tutu lived.

So is Villagrazi = Vilakazi, and Ngakane = Nxumalo?

I have no idea. Still giving credit for both answers. Obviously they lived in the same neighborhood at least. ;)

4. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I just remembered that both of the "N" streets started with N and didn't look like "normal" English words. It doesn't matter.

5. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Thanks for running the contest. This was my 2nd one. I still don't really understand all the rules....fast forwards, precontest polls and logic behind doing the detours (advantages/disadvantages), but it's been fun.