1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add HR-22 with existing HR-24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chevyman142000, Dec 28, 2011.

1. chevyman142000

chevyman142000 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Hey- I currently have an HR-24 that I use on my main tv. After disconnecting service a few years ago, I still have an HR-22 in my posesion that DirecTv did not want back. I was wondering if there was any way to setup this box to work in my bedroom? I'm not sure of what all the new technologies are, but I wanted to see what my options were. The cheaper the better...I'm hoping for free, but will take suggestions!

Thanks!
    Jeff

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Call them with the Receiver ID (RID) number and the access card dept can tell you if it is able to be activated. If so, it will be an extra $6 a month.

3. chevyman142000

chevyman142000 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    That's awesome! I didn't know it would be that cheap. I will need to figure out how to get that wired in though I'm guessing. I remember that when I was using stb, it had 2 cables going to it when my newer HR-24 only has one cable going to it. Any suggestions on that?

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    If you only have one cable for your HR24, you should have a power inserter somewhere between the HR24 and the LNB on the dish. Just hook a splitter (Directv green label) between the HR24 and the power inserter, or if more convenient, between the power inserter and the LNB (using the RED ports on the splitter). After doing that, just run another coax from the splitter to the HR22, rerun satellite setup and choose SLIMLINE/SWM and you should be good to go.