1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding C61K question- cable run

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by cooleybird, Jun 12, 2018.

1. cooleybird

cooleybird New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    NC, USA
    This week I'm having a wireless mini replaced with the 4K mini. The install is going to require adding a hard line through the wall, which is fine, but here's my question:

From the install point to the junction box is 3/4 around the house. To the dish is only about halfway, and the coax can go along the ground, up the gutter, and across the roof to it. Much cleaner.

Can the installer go straight to the dish with this run, or am I going to have to work on a solution to hide two coax cables (I have another wall-tap in the back) along the back of the house?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    What else do you have in the system? And he can’t go on your roof and you wouldn’t want a cable just tossed over your roof and sit on it. It’d deteriorate faster than under the eves...

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I am not an installer but from what you describe, I think he would cut the line running from the dish on the roof at the closest / easiest place to where the new receiver is going to be and put in a 2 way splitter.

4. cooleybird

cooleybird New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    NC, USA
    The dish is accessible by ladder on the back of the roof. Sounds like it can be a clean install.