DBSTalk Forum banner

Adding DPP44 Switch

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BattleZone 
#1 ·
I am using a 1000.2 dish which feeds a DP34. I put a DPP44 switch between the 1000.2 and the DP34 switch. It works for several minutes then I lose signal.
My question is this configuration ok or should I use another DP34 instead if the DPP44?

#5 ·
The 1000.2 will drive 3 receivers directly without having to add an external switch, unless you have separate LNBs instead of the integrated 3-LNB/switch head.

Which type do you have and what receivers are you running?

#8 ·
I'm guessing the "why the DPP44" is because he wants to feed dual-tuner receivers without running two lines to them.

Anyway, to answer the question: yes, you can trunk a DP34 switch off of a DPP44 switch. I've done it; it works fine.

Now, do you have the power inserter for the DPP44 in-line with one of the receivers, and on the line that is connected to Output 1 on the DPP44? If not, that's likely your problem. The DPP44 needs more power than the receivers can reliably output, which is the reason for the PI, but without it, the receivers may power it for a little while, until their power supplies are strained and the current levels fall.

Also, if you are using the 1000.2 integrated LNB/switch pack to feed your switches, the switch in the LNB is also drawing a lot of power, which can make things unreliable. The preferred method for using a 1000.2 dish to feed external switches is to use 3 DP Dual LNBs along with the plastic "W" bracket for the 1000.2 dish that is designed to accomidate them.

Note that the similar-looking bracket that was standard on the original 1000 dish is different; the 1000.2 dish needs wider LNB spacing, which this bracket provides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.