1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional locals south central PA 17201

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dlh, Apr 18, 2009.

1. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    I received a letter recently about the addition of locals to our present Wash. DC locals (threw the letter away :grin:). They seemed to be the Harrisburg locals. Anyone here know which ones?

Thanks

2. stek

stek New Member

May 30, 2007
    dlh, are you sure you don't have dish network? They have some Harrisburg, Pa locals. Take care.

3. tomgossert

tomgossert Cool Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I got the same letter, I live in Waynesboro. The Harrisburg locals go live on Wednesday 4/22 WGAL 8, WHTM 27, WHP 21, WPMT 43 WITF 33 and two others. 8, 21, 27 and 43 will be in HD. This will come in handy for PSU football come fall.

4. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, that's about the way I remembered it. It will be nice to get some of the old locals back that I received before on antenna and . . . uh (cable:eek2:)

5. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    I haven't seen these new locals in the guide yet. Now I'm getting worried. Checking locals availability on D's website, shows only the Harrisburg ones. Hope we're not losing all of the MD PBS stations.

6. tomgossert

tomgossert Cool Member

Dec 6, 2008
    We should still get all of the Washington/MD/VA channels we got previously. On Directv's website they are now listed as Neighboring Local Channels

7. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks

8. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    WGAL, WHP, WHTM, and WPMT (all in HD) have all been on D* for over 2 years. WITF and WLYH are still only available in SD on D*.

9. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    We must live near each other. I'm also S. Central PA. I've only ever received the DC/Hagerstown locals.

10. tomgossert

tomgossert Cool Member

Dec 6, 2008
    As of 5:30 I have all of the Harrisburg channels now. You have to call Directv or go to their website to refresh your signal and they pop up. Added bonus is WETA PBS from Washington is now in HD. This is a mini festvus for me.

11. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    Festivus for the restofus. Doing it now. Seems to be working. Thanks again

12. southcentralpa

southcentralpa New Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I am in New Freedom PA...near MD border and I-83. My guide is showing WDCW (CW) HD from Washington...however, it says I am not authorized. I wonder if this is a mix-up and is a beginning of neighboring local channels. I would assume they would be from Baltimore, as this is what Comcast has in our area.

13. southcentralpa

Apr 9, 2007
    Locals update for Zip Code 17349. We are now receiving Washington, DC locals in Hi-Def, as well as Harrisburg. Why DC? I thought we would get the Baltimore locals as neighboring local channels. Oh well, more HD is better. Now we can get the DC news and the Terps games on channel 20 or 50, whatever they are on.

14. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Congrats to those who got them but this is beyond stupid. I live in Columbia, MD within shouting distance of the DC locals and cannot get them via satellite yet folks in PA are getting them?

15. dlh

dlh AllStar

Nov 29, 2008
    For what it's worth, I'm in Chambersburg and am getting the DC/Hagerstown and Harrisburg locals. (Required two reboots of newer recievers; older ones were fine without resets.)

16. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    How many are you receiving? I noticed Channel 50 was on the guide last evening but nothing was coming through, said unauthorized. Is that now working? Are there more locals from DC that Channel 50? Haven't checked the receivers today.

I'm in zip 17362.

17. southcentralpa

Apr 9, 2007
    Apparently, the only one showing on the DVR guide is channel 50 WDCW, but it says not authorized. The other DC channels do not appear on the guide. However, they do appear on the iPhone app and the online guide on Directv's website. I wonder what is going on?

18. bleggett29

bleggett29 Legend

Feb 2, 2008
    What I don't understand is why you people in PA are getting WETA in HD? I live in Southern MD, my DMA is WDC and have been getting WDC locals (and only get WDC locals) since I first subscribed to DTV in 1998---Yet WETA is only available to me in SD? Doesn't make sense to me.

19. kenpac89

kenpac89 Legend

Jan 3, 2006
    Wait a minute....I live in the Washington DC market and I don't even get the PBS channel in HD. That doesn't seem fair.

And if Pennsylvania can get DC and Harrisburg, then why can't I get Baltimore channels added to the DC ones? I live in Frederick, which is about the same distance from each city, and they are both available on Comcast in my area.

(I know there are laws, blah, blah, blah....it's just very stupid.)

20. tomgossert

tomgossert Cool Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It makes no sense to me. Before Wednesday I was in the Washington DC-Hagerstown DMA (ZIP 17268), but on Wed I was moved to the Harrisburg-Lancaster DMA with Washington-Hagerstown MD DMA as my Neighboring local Channels. I dont know if WETA HD is a sign of things to come for the Washington DMA or if it is a system glitch and it will dissappear. WITF out of Harrisburg has given up on HD since PBS does not have the national HD feed anymore.

P.S. As far as I know it is only Franklin County PA that was in the DC DMA