Advanced Remote set up options

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by ColdCase, May 9, 2019.

1. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    My brain is working a little slow today. Sorry I did a search and found only old stuff.

On my HR22 I can go to settings -> remote -> advanced options to set the DVR to another code (multiple DVRs in one room)

I don't see the advanced option on my HR24 or HR54.

So where can I find advanced options, or be able to set the receiver code ?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This is for my HR24.
    Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Remote
    Now look at the lower right hand side of your screen. It should be there.

3. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    I was expecting that, but there is nothing there besides selecting IR/RF and reset. Perhaps there is a place I need to go to unlock the advanced stuff that I overlooked.... or I need to reset... or I need to find it in the manual.

Thanks.

On the HR54, I set it to RF only but it still responds to IR commands. I would hate to have to put a tape over the IR receiver :)

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Try resetting the HR24.

5. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    Reseting did the trick. I was confused by the set up, easy to do, apparently setting IR/RF is for a specific remote... not the receiver. :rolleyes:

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you have a remote that does RF you use the IR that it is set up in and change the receiver to RF mode. Then you have to follow the instructions on the screen to set the remote to RF.
    The new Genie remotes when using with a Genie do both RF and IR at the same time.
    Pressing the Mute and Enter buttons and holding them for about 3 seconds will pair the remote to that particular receiver or client.

nowandthen likes this.