Afraid to call ATT again!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by grover517, May 19, 2019.

1. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    I have been reading numerous posts on various forums about how once an account has been migrated to the new system, especially when it comes to correcting discrepencies created by the migration, that bad things can and do occur.

One of them was where someone noticed that after their account was migrated, the equipment listed in their account was incorrect and called in an attempt to get things correct. While the rep handling the call attempted to make the required changes, their existing account ended up being so messed up that they no longer had service and for whatever reason, it couldn't be restored. The end result was that because their account was so badly corrupted, the only way to restore service to their home was to create a new account, which they did.

What they didn't tell them of course, was that doing so also meant the user now had a new 2 year agreement, etc. because there was no way they could override that either in the new system.

So imagine my angst when I noticed this morning that my migrated account lists 2 HD receivers (I have two H25's), 2 HD DVR's (I have 2 older HR DVR's) and two wireless minis which is the incorrect part. I have an HR44 genie and 1 wireless mini.

I am looking to discontinue my DirecTV service soon and the last thing I want is to get into some "discussion" about equipment discrepancies, non returned receiver charges, etc. when I do. But I also have absolutely NO confidence that when I call, I won't end up in a scenario like I mentioned above.

Any suggestions? Has anyone done this lately and were successful? Right now, I am scared to death to pick up that phone.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    As long as the Access Card number, Serial Number and Receiver ID number are correct on your equipment you need not worry.

3. 242424

242424 AllStar

Mar 22, 2012
    Do the chat. They chat in English that you can understand lol and you have a copy of what they promise you (select the email to me thing) If they ask you to click the arrow to put the chat in a full window for a better experience, don'y do it because you probably won't get the email. Chat takes forever but so do calls.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Are they billing your correctly? Is all your equipment activated and working?

Then don't do a thing.

BTW - was your equipment listed correctly before the migration? Mine wasn't (and still isn't), but when I was talking with a CSR about my equipment, their screen had everything correct. They could see all my devices, the name I had given them and the access cards.

5. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    What 242424 said.

242424 likes this.
  6. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    Yes, actually it was listed correctly pre migration. As for billing, that doesn't tell me a thing since all it lists are "receiver" charges for each one with no receiver/DVR identifiable information listed. Too bad we are no longer able to verify that info ourselves on the ATT site like we used to be able to do on the D* site. As long as all the receiver info is correct in the system then I guess I really don't care what they call them on their website and since all my equipment is activated and working properly, one could come to the conclusion that the info in the system is correct. Update: I was able to track down a page on the ATT site that shows the equipment in detail, including the access card numbers and that info is correct so it's just another ATT "one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Sigh.......