1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After one full year, same problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by inazsully, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inazsully

inazsully Icon

Oct 3, 2006
    I have had the HR20 for just over 13 months. One problem persists after all this time. Too many programs go to the "delete/do not delete" option before the program is finished. Almost always in the last minute of the program. If you program the HR20 to record beyond the normal stop time you will mess up the beginning of the next record session. Is there no fix for this?

2. gcisko

gcisko I am Iron Man!

Sep 27, 2006
    Since you have 2 feeds into the HR20 from the dish, why would you mess up the next recording? If the next recording is on the same channel, just record that as well without padding the first one. I use the padding option all the time and never have a problem.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    It would be nice if the stations would stick to the published start/stop times.

4. inazsully

inazsully Icon

Oct 3, 2006
    It's no problem if you are recording just one show and then the next one on the same channel. But I am often recording two shows at the same time on two channels at the same time. Why doesn't the recorder recognize when the show is actually over? It's not unusual for me to record six shows on any given night between 7PM and 9PM.

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    In a VAST number of those cases... it is because according to the guide data and the clock... the show is "over"...

The networks do run long... regularly now.

6. tooloud10

tooloud10 Legend

Sep 23, 2007
    This is a problem for me as well. I don't like the manual padding solution because that might very well screw up future recordings. I've got two tuners but it's even odds that the other tuner will already be in use, and if I'm padding a show by a minute, I don't really want to have a conflict with another show just because one might run a minute long.

7. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm becoming more and more convinced this is a network conspiracy to make people mad at their DVRs so they'll watch the commercials! :)

8. tooloud10

tooloud10 Legend

Sep 23, 2007
    That's exactly what it is. It works two-fold for the networks--they can sell more ad space during the popular shows AND it screws up the DVRs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.