Alan Hevesi(DUMB)

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Dave, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 2, 2006 #1 of 30
    Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    I have been waiting for this to show up, but no go so far. So here we go. Another case of a unintelligent Democrat opening mouth and inserting foot in said mouth.
    This is one of the stupidest and dumbest things any Dem has said in a long time.
    Personally I feel he should just give up his job and go home. This is also another case of how really bad the Dems hate President Bush. So now with this dumb statement all of the other nuts will come out of the woodwork and make some more dumb statements against the President and what they would like to do to him. IF I was a Democrat in any state I would be throughly ashamed of my party.
    This is very bad news for the DEMS. I feel that Alan Hevesi is not in his right mind to make this rash statement in public. I do know there are a lot of DEMS that feel like he does. This is why I could not ever vote for a Dem in any election.
    If this had been a Republican making this statement we would never hear the end of it for years and years.
    So what other stupid and dumb DEMS are hiding in the woodwork waiting to come out and turn more of the American people against there party with these kind of statements?

2. Jun 2, 2006 #2 of 30
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    what a dumb post you did not state what statement Alan Hevesi said??

3. Jun 2, 2006 #3 of 30
    Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002

What a dumb statement... or was it a question? ;)

4. Jun 2, 2006 #4 of 30
    Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    For all you uneducated or non news watchers.
    Alan Hevesi said that Sen. Schumacher had enough guts to shoot President Bush between eyes. I keep forgetting about all the Dem bleeding hearts on the board.

5. Jun 2, 2006 #5 of 30
    Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    Oh, that one. It is helpful if you post a link.
    But you're right. It was a monumentally stupid thing for him to say.
    But then again, Bush hatred is so strong on the left that it's led them to say some very hateful, and just plain moronic, things.

As if having the guts to put a bullet between any president's eyes is supposed to be a good thing. But as they're going for the radical left (Koz, Code Pink, Cindy Sheehan) vote, they have to say things like that.

6. Jun 2, 2006 #6 of 30
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    You know, threads like this really irk me. It's fine if you support your political affiliation. And it's also fine to criticize official party stances on topics, or individual stances on topics. But it's not ok to associate a single individuals statement as if all or even most Democrats feel the same way. It really shows your bias and ignorance.

Yes it was a dumb thing to say. My guess it was one of those momentary lapses in judgment that didn't come out the same way he was thinking. Either way, he more or less immediately issued a mia culpa. Have you ever said something stupid and which you would never have said it?

Keep it up and us Democrats will start associating the dumb statements Pat Robertson makes as official Republican views.

7. Jun 2, 2006 #7 of 30
    jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Yes, a link would have been nice. But a cursory Google turned up not a single one. Apparently even Fox News understands what a non-story this is.

I did hear it reported in passing on one of the news networks, MSNBC I believe. As I understood it, it was an analogy, albiet a stupid and careless one. Of course, in context it was not meant that Schumer could, should or would actually shoot Bush between the eyes. It was an analogy meaning Schumer had the guts to confront Bush with hard questions, "shoot him right between the eyes". Get it??? He could just as well said Schumer had the courage to "punch Bush in the gut" or "slap him upside the head". Not literally, but with his questions.

Is this REALLY the best you clowns can come up with? What if some Republican operative had said Bob Barr would "kill" Clinton with his questions, or the questions would "strike him dead"? Equally stupid and poorly thought out analogies when referring to the President of the United States. What then? Would that mean that all Republicans hated Clinton?(not that you'd need much to reach such a conclusion):nono:

8. Jun 3, 2006 #8 of 30
    Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    So, as someone who supports the democratic party, that makes me either uneducated or a bleeding heart just because I missed a statement from some idiot politician. Do you really want to get into a pissing match about the how evil the Democratic party is and how moral and righteous the republican party is. I really don't think you want to.
    Let's face it, the problem with our government is that it is full of politicians from both parties. For every stupid thing someone on the left says, we can match it with something stupid from the right. So before you go and get on your high horse, you might go about looking at your own parties backyard!

9. Jun 3, 2006 #9 of 30
    wisdom

wisdom Legend

Nov 13, 2005
    You know, I kind of agree with you. I used to be such a die hard Republican, but lately, I've started to re-think my affiliation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing my views or values, it's just that both parties have moved sooo far away from their original bases that there are extremists that are starting to be considered moderates. Everyday, I see Bush make decisions to pander to the left, then he can't figure out why it didn't work or why he's so unpopular. These are things that could be done to revitalize the conservative party:

Iraq...
    Yes, we can get out fast, this is what we do... Back all troops out to about 10 miles from the border on all sides. Now that there is a human wall holding everyone in and everyone out, drop flyers giving 72 hours to be processed through the blockade. Everyone is disarmed and id'ed as they pass the wall. Surely some terrorists will try to slip through, but most will be arrested. Then, after 72 hours, bomb the living hell out of Iraq and start over. This will serve 3 purposes, firstly, this will kill all of the terrorists. Secondly, it will be far cheaper to rebuild everything than it will to continue fighting building to building. Lastly, essentially a gigantic census will determine who should be there and who shouldn't. The whole process could conceivably be over in 1-2 weeks.

Illegal Immigration...
    The same thing will work for illegals. Wall off the border, have a month long period where you can leave voluntarily, and have a streamlined admission process. The process must include background checks and a probation period. Commit a felony in the first 5 year, citizenship is revoked. After the month is over, if you are caught here you are not allowed to apply for 5 years. Sure it will uproot families, but you know the old saying "the root of a poisonous tree". You wouldn't allow a trespasser on your property to stay, just because they picked up garbage. Personally, I think that they should pay a stipend from their wages to return the social services that they stole, but I doubt that would fly.

Do these two things, and it will be decades before a liberal ever gets back in office. Unfortunately, no republican has the juevos to do them.

10. Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    As usual I see there are some who still like to get into an argument instead of reading the contents. It is about a stupid person who made a stupid and dumb mistake on national TV and got caught saying a rather stupid thing. He is a Dem which I said reflects on the stupid Dem's hatred of OUR President. It just so happens that the Democratic party members are saying stupid and dumb things at this time. What I do fail to understand is how anyone in there right mind can say oh well look at the stupid REPUBLICANS and sometimes what they say. The Reps have never hated or disliked a DEMOCRATIC President this bad. It seems that the DEM party as a whole has adopted this hate attitude against President Bush. This is why I could never vote or support a Democratic candidate. Granted that not all Dem's are the same or reflect this attitude. But it still reflects on there party when one or more idiots in there party say these things and then jump back and say, oh I'm sorry I didn't know what I was doing. He is right in one respect though, he doesn't know what he is doing and should leave office and the Democratic Party altogether.
    He should have also sat back and thought, President Bush will be out of office in two and a half years. Then we as the Democrats can find a good candidate to try and win the next election.
    It just seems that lately to many Democratic Party members in office and out do not think before opening there mouths.

11. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    So you think this guy should take the "high road" like Delay did and step down. Of course we all know that what Delay did pales in comparison to some words that some obscure democrat said.
    What's that saying, actions speak louder than words!?!

12. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    No, this guy is just an idiot. The one who should step down is Rep. William Jefferson. He's a real crook.

13. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003

I always love when someone calls others "unintelligent" when they can't write properly.

14. wisdom

wisdom Legend

Nov 13, 2005
    English major, or is English your second language?

15. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    Neither, but I'm not the one calling others unintelligent, am I?

16. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Correction:
    It has been clarified to me that the comment was actually more in the form of an ice-breaker joke in an introduction of Schumer at some obscure dinner. Apparently his speech writers are the duo of Booth/Oswald!:icon_stup

If anyone should be pissed about this whole affair, it's Schumer! Now he's forever associated with this idiot.:mad:

17. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Didn't even cross my news rader. If it had, I would have posted a link to the article along with a significant quote.

18. Selenna

Selenna Fair Lady of the forums DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 18, 2004
    hmm... I would say that the republicans hated Clinton at least as much as the democrats hate Bush.

19. wisdom

wisdom Legend

Nov 13, 2005
    I might be wrong, but I don't recall Clinton being compared to Hitler or suggestions of assasination coming up. Although one could argue that more civil rights were lost under Clinton than any other President. Just watch a doc about Ruby ridge and Waco.

20. Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    Why is it the Dem's have so much hatred for Bush? Can't they just get over it? As has been stated, the Reps have never ever treated a Dem President the way Bush is treated by the Dem's. Its like they have been possessed by an evil entity or something. I do hope they remember how they have treated the Reps in the future and President Bush and hope they can treat other Rep Presidents better when they are defeated again. If they keep repeating there hatred, then they will lose. Being a cry baby is not the way to win an election now or ever. They need to just sit back and plan the next election and get ready for the next battle. Bush will be out of office in 2 1/2 years. The time is now to get over it and move on. But there are some Dem's that can not or will not do this. Just as there are some on this board who apparently live to just hate a Rep President. You need to face up to the facts Gore and Kerry lost. Go out and help your party prepare for the next election and do some good. Yes I am a Republican and gladly admit it. But I do not have the hate for Dem's that some have for Reps. I do not agree with everything my President has done, but I will always support him and my party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.