1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alarm Clock Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JohnQ, Aug 23, 2013.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Cool Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Freshwater...
    Back in my SD Days I used a combination of my Panasonic (HD) TV Timer coming on at a predetermined hour & the RCA SD Satellite box being left on as a wake up alarm clock. Still have the same Panasonic TV but now it has a HR24-500 DVR hooked up to it. But now the combination will not work as a Wake Up Alarm Clock. The DVR seems to go asleep with the floating DTV Logo. Is there a way/setting in the HR24 that I can set to accomplish what the old SD Combo did????

1 person likes this.
  2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Turn off the power saver option in the HR.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    What it looks that is happening here is that after 4 hours of remote inactivity, the receiver pops up a message that says that it will go to "sleep" if no buttons are pressed. It will give the option to cancel if you wanted to. since you are out when this happens, the screen saver kicks in and the receiver goes to do the same thing you are doing, sleep

4. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    If you want to wake to a particular channel, it's a little more difficult than in 1-tuner days. Set a SL for a different channel 1 minute before you want your channel to appear, then set a SL for the channel you want a minute later (the first recording locks one of the two tuners to one channel, and the desired second recording makes the DVR display the second tuner channel). Set each SL to keep one ep.

Probably not worth the trouble on a Genie. I still miss the "auto tune" feature of old DISH DVRs.