1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcoholic Beverage Stories, Questions, Jokes...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Rich, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Got any? Anything having to do with booze, bars, what you like to drink, what you don't like to drink. Jokes, always appreciated. Stories...questions...anything to do with booze.

I don't drink...now. I did. Which brings me to this question: I know every alcoholic is a drunk (when they drink) but is every drunk an alcoholic? I have a good reason for this question, I'll tell you later...

Rich

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    A priest, a rabbi, and a pastor are sitting in a bar, across the street from a brothel. They are sipping their drinks when they see a rabbi walk into the brothel. "Oy! It's awful to see a man of the cloth give into temptation", says the rabbi. A short time later they see a pastor walk into the brothel. "Damn! It's terrible to see a man of the cloth give into such temptation", says the pastor. In a little bit they see a priest enter the brothel. "It's nice to see the ladies, who have been so poorly used, have time to confess their sins", says the priest.

Rich likes this.
  3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Thanx.

Rich

4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What do y'all like to drink? When it came to liquor I liked rum and coke or screwdrivers. I spent a lot of time in the Caribbean and the smell of a rum and coke takes me back to many islands and many bars...good times.

Beer, just before I stopped I was happily chugging Coors Gold. Before that Bass Ale, which is kinda expensive when you drink as much as I did.

Rich

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    My preferences......Beer...Honey Brown Lager......Liquor...Tangueray and Tonic.

6. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    My favorite before I stop was whiskey (scotch) with coconut water.

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I see the thread title "alcoholic beverages" and immediately think of the euphemism "adult beverages".
    Of course, I understand that true adult beverages are Metamucil, Ensure, etc. :)

DishnetSuperfan and jimmie57 like this.
  8. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Interesting, those are my favorite mixed drinks too! With beer no Coors for me, Fat Tire is my favorite but if I am being cheap regular Budweiser does it for me.

9. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Joke time:

You know, I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

How is drinking light beer like making love in a canoe? It's f***ing close to water

Rich likes this.
  10. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    You know the difference between a "drunk" and an "alcoholic?"

Us drunks don't have to go to those stupid f***in' meetings!

Wolfmanjohn and Rich like this.
  11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ahh, beer. My weapon of choice. I like Tonic Water, I drink a couple bottles a day (10 oz) and pretend it's a vodka and tonic.

Rich

12. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I don't drink any more.

I don't drink any less.

A Tanqueray martini on the rocks is my favorite.

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Aren't whiskey and scotch two different things? I had a brief romance with scotch. Scared me and I went back to beer.

Rich

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Sadly, I take Metamucil 3 times a day...oops, gotta run...

Rich

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I couldn't drink Coors, Coors Lite or any other offshoot of Coors. Just the Coors Gold. Had a conversation with a guy I worked with who drank way too much and he suggested Coors Gold as a substitute for Bass Ale, after my wife found out how much a case of Bass costs and made me look for an alternative.

Rich

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Good one! (The joke).

I have tried to find the difference, that's why I posed the question. What I have found is: I can't find any physical test to determine if someone is an alcoholic. What I've seen is a bunch of tests you can take to determine if you are one. And a lot of suggestions to seek help. I have looked at several definitions of "disease" and that too goes all over the place. In other words I can't find out if the use of "disease" in the context of drinking is valid.

Rich

17. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'd approach the disease of alcoholism as a compultion. A mental disease causing addiction. (Although there are too many people who cannot see mental problems as a disease.)

Perhaps the disease is more generic and alcoholism is just the way the disease is expressed in alcoholics.

18. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    In Puerto Rico it was understood that whiskey was scotch.

19. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    There's rye whiskey, bourbon whiskey, and scotch whiskey. As stated before I prefer gin but will drink Manhattans made with bourbon on occasion. As a Californian I feel I must drink wine too.;)

20. Wolfmanjohn

Wolfmanjohn Cool Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Chico, CA
    Everyone else will know if an individual is a drunk or alcoholic before they do, so self assessment doesn't work here.

Back in my day my favorite drink was a rusty nail (2 parts scotch/1 part Drambuie). Scotch was preferred, wine was OK but hard on the digestive, and beer was just too filling.