Aliens Took Over Directv Phone Call Centers 1-800-531-5000

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by adamson, Mar 12, 2016.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Some folks here have stated an obvious change when calling Directv for anything. It is like all former employees are forbid to answer the phone only to get zero information on why you called there anyway. Sometime ago I went back to pay by mail, about the time the merger was just being talked about again. After my credit card expired I never updated it and changed the number totally and went to pay by mail. I have since had the nag on my online account to update this for over a year...I will never give ATT my credit card number. My payments are never late...not one ever. Since ATT took over, a payment a few months back took two weeks by mail to post, and again I am nearing it again and payment will be late again. I use envelope provided and account number on money order. Last month payment was paid same day as this month and posted in three days.

I had ATT in the past and it is like yesterday when talking to them now with Directv. This company does not care about you or me...just more and more money and lies. To advertise on their website front page the offer of internet with Directv is also a joke and lie. It should state if we have ports available or fiber in your area. They act as if this is a fact that you can get internet with Directv. It is not a fact, it is a lie. They lied to get the merger approved. There is a lawsuit from a parent owner of two channels on U Verse that state it would be carried on Directv if they approved the merger. There will be more of these claims from others, this is just the beginning! BTW Directv is not getting those channels on Directv and it has turned into he said she said. I hope ATT loses the lawsuit, and for that matter many more like it. The FCC as well as many government officials all get perks from ATT to deceive us and protect themselves from giving us service and stopping others for giving it. If I did not live surrounded by telephone pole pines a mile high I would have an antenna. I need a quality provider and sadly I no longer have one. It is over at Directv. It does not even pay to call them anymore because those who answered that phone in the past are just not there anymore. Does not anyone know what the hell is going on over there with this sudden lack of knowledge, concern...anyone?

BTW where is Stuart??? miss him on here.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    DIRECTV's website states "Your payment will post 2-3 business days upon receipt, if you pay by mail" but there has never been consistency with DIRECTV recording payments by mail. I too make payments by mail using Postal Money Orders and always notice variances with them recording payments. My payments usually post within 5-6 days but there have been times when I mailed the payment on the Friday of a Holiday weekend and the payment was posted the next day. Go figure. As to your situation I would contact the Office of the President and have them look into it. Stuart Sweet is alive and well and can be found at The Solid Signal Blog and at iamanedgecutter.com.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Between this thread and the other thread, I think we all understand your distrust and dissatisfaction with AT&T. Maybe cable or Dish would help you with your TV and internet services?

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have used Auto bill pay and had it use my credit card for AT&T for 2 accounts ( mine and my mother's ).
    I have been on Auto Bill Pay for years with DirecTV.
    I have been on Auto Bill Pay with my electricity provider for years now.
    I have 2 cell phone accounts that are both Auto Bill Pay with a credit card. Each of them get a $5 discount per month.

I would do it with the water and the gas company but neither of them do it.

I use a credit card that I get 2% back on all things charged to the credit card.
    So far I have not had any problems with any of them.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I think they want a credit card because if you cancel they charge it for the eft. If you don't have one and you fail to pay the bill then they go to collections I suspect...

All the same people seem to be at DIRECTV that I know of. No one once had posted anything to the contrary. Who you get if you are bundled has changed...

And they do offer you Internet. If it's not by uverse or dsl then it's via wireless. It's not a lie. I get if you are unhappy with them and have a reason but you reason there isn't real... As others have said maybe you should just switch providers since nothing's changed even though you believe it has.

And why would you want channels to win lawsuits that are bogus and want more money from DIRECTV customers? That's illogical in ever way.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've never had a problem with D*'s accounting department. All payments go thru correctly and I get an email each time clearly telling me what was paid. With all their other problems, I've always found this rather amazing.

Rich

1 person likes this.
  7. FLWingNut

FLWingNut Godfather

Nov 19, 2005
    Keep in mind Directv is not responsible for the Postal Service. If it gets there late because of the PS that's not on Directv. I always pay online for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

1 person likes this.
  8. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    If you are paying by mail, you are depending on the post office to deliver your payment. I've never had a problem with D* or Netflix charging my credit card, and I can cancel the card anytime I want. For everything else, I use my banks Bill Paying service.

Works great for me since I have total control of when to pay any given bill. Most payments are made electronically. It's totally different then having your account drafted, which I don't allow anyone to do.

1 person likes this.
  9. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I pay my DIRECTV bill using the Postal Service. The Postal Service in my area is very efficient and I was told by the Post Master that as long the outgoing mail is in their hands by 17:00 hrs it will go out that evening. Most of the time my payment has been posted on DIRECTV's website within 5 business days after I mailed it. But there have been times when my payment went out on a Friday (including holiday weekends) where my payment was recorded the next day on DIRECTV's website.