All 301s rejoice!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by crest, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crest

crest Guest

New 301 software for ALL 301s spooling VERY soon; (possibly
    overnight tonight!, or by WED. 10/15 at latest!

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Your info from the Tech Forum???
    The software they spoke of is spooled.

Except for Bloomberg Stock channel (on Chan 100 as "coming soon") I have had what they are speaking of for a couple of weeks.

JL

3. xgrep

xgrep Godfather

Aug 15, 2002
    Maybe this is for the other flavor of 301 that still doesn't have the new SW? I'll check tonight ... would sure like a longer EPG.

x

4. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Version P200 on my 301 has the 44 hour guide, and a selection on the Dish Home menu for Bloomberg. Bloomberg isn't available at the moment ...

It also has a new tuning menu including Superdish.

I've noticed two odities about dish tuning ...

#1) I have 119-110-61.5 Dual DP LNBs through a DP34 ... when I select a bird that I don't have (such as 121, 129, or 148) I get a signal reading from 119 with "Wrong Satellite" --- but selecting 105 gives me NO SIGNAL regardless of channel
    I'm thinking that the 105º LNB may be on a different frequency than the outputs of the 110-119º Dual LNBs. Apparently the 121º and 129º LNBs use the same band between the LNB and the receiver.

This would lead to the possibility of stacking a 105º LNB on the same cable as another LNB (possibly even 121º). Not sure what that would do with people with diplexers for normal TV ...

#2) The point dish screen doesn't tell you in advance if you are pointing at a regular transponder or a spot beam. Only when you get signal lock does the title change to "Spotbeam". Perhaps more transponders will be spots in the future?

JL

5. xgrep

xgrep Godfather

Aug 15, 2002
    Well, my 301 is still at 210. Guess I'll check again next month ...

x

6. JBar1017

JBar1017 Cool Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I still don't have the new software upgrade as of 4:28 p.m. (10/15/03)! Does anyone know the approxmiate day the software upgrade may get to my receiver? I still have version 2.10.

Jack

7. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I also still have the version 2.00 on all my 301's and they are all rev.010's. I know all the rev.013's got the 2.10 software that has the SuperDish capability and you dont have to wait to retrive EPG information for 2 days.

8. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    That's a long time to wait for EPG information! :lol:

9. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have noticed that the 44 hour guide can be inaccurate.
    On Monday I wanted to verify the time of the Tech Chat and it wasn't in my EPG at all. I looked forward until I reached the end of the data last downloaded and it triggered a new download. The new download included the Tech Chat as expected.

Apparently last minute changes can be made in the EPG but unless you download them you'll see the old data.

BTW: My two remaining suggestions for upgrading the EPG (buffering all 44 hours instead of just 4 hours would have been my first suggestion):
    1) Give "Default Programs" for EPGs with 24hr programming. Music channels shouldn't have 8 hr program blocks, nor should DISH101. The EPG should simply show the full channel title (or other default text) when there is no program in the EPG.
    2) Add an "EPG Update Channel" similar to 9500 for Weather. Then I can schedule an EPG in the middle of the night. Either that or force an EPG download at least 60 seconds after every power down and give us the ability to schedule an "Receiver Off" time on the 301's.

I'd also put up a Software Download channel that would give the current software update for your receiver and the option to force download it.

JL

10. joe

joe Guest

Why did it take dish so long to fix the guide on the 301?

11. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    No. The models with the 2.10 software have NO superdish and NO good EPG. Today is when SuperDish is supposed to come out and a large portion of their basic receiver does NOT support SuperDish.

12. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Mike, I think the SuperDISH date is still November. There was possibility it would move up to today, but apparently that has not happened.

13. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I thought 2.10 (301d) receivers got the SuperDish software whle the 2.00 (301e) receivers are the ones without it?

In an earlier post I meant not having to wait for the 2 day EPG, not to wait 2 days, but it is true, nobody ever had to wait 2 days, lol.

14. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    My 2.00 version software has the setups for Superdish - and the good EPG.

JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.