All-Access in multiple vehicles

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by mcaldero, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mcaldero

mcaldero AllStar

Feb 3, 2006
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get some sort of a multi-vehicle discount on the All-Access package in multiple vehicles? It's $20.99/month plus fees for one car. I just called customer service and the best they can offer me for a second car with the same package is $19.75/month. That's ridiculous. I've been a subscriber for 15 years. It should be an extra $1 or $2 per month to add a second radio with the same programming package.

I know there are ways to get deeply discounted offers on the Select package, but Select doesn't include the NFL or Stern.

2. MrWindows

MrWindows New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix,...
    I have four vehicles on my account at the moment. Whenever I need to renew, I tell them I want to cancel unless they can keep me on my same deal, which is about $107/year with taxes. The stock renewal rate I think is about $157 or so with the music fees.

3. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    Same way you get discounts on any package every year -

1 Call and say cancel all services
    2 Get passed to Retention Dept
    3 Listen to offers

4. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    You can try streaming via Bluetooth from you cell phone to your second car using the SXM app.

5. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    When my $30 for 6 months expires in my car I will likely cancel it and just add streaming on my Wife’s plan. I’ve been using the app with Apple CarPlay most of the time anyway because the sound quality is so much better, there’s more channels and it doesn’t cut out under overpasses , tunnels, parking garages and heavy tree cover.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    $157 would be better.

upload_2019-1-10_19-25-20.png
    But of course, I don't pay that.

7. Feb 4, 2019 #7 of 13
    GLJones

GLJones AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    The $232 about is what we got hit with on 3 cars a couple days ago. Called up as we refuse to pay that and they gave us the promo package at $107 x 3 cars with streaming on all three as well.

8. Feb 4, 2019 #8 of 13
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I got mine down to $90 for 1 car. No streaming though.

9. Feb 4, 2019 #9 of 13
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I hate the way SiriusXM sells their channels. I prefer "everyday low prices" to cancelling and waiting for a win back offer. It is a stupid game ... but SiriusXM must be winning because they keep playing.

10. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    Like others, I do the 6 month or 12 month dance with them. My main account usually runs about $10 a month because it also includes Internet streaming. When I add my wife's car in the summer, depending on how long I feel like spending on the phone, it's usually a 6 month deal for $5 or $8 per month. I only wish the DTV folks were as easy as the SiriusXM folks. The Sirius guys don't even try to haggle. I just say it's too expensive at the retail price and they almost always come back with an offer in the $8 to $10 per month range. If you balk at that and want to spend time on the phone going back and forth, you can usually get them down to the win-back offers in the $5/month range. The main trick is to set a calendar alert and call in before your package expires. Otherwise, you get nailed with the auto-renewal and then you have to get them to credit the difference back to your credit-card.

11. gjrhine

gjrhine Legend

May 15, 2002
    huh? Well then they do haggle.

In fact I just renewed and after getting them down to a good price on All Access I hesitated and he said how about I throw in a free Amazon Echo Dot? WTF? Done deal! You get an email with a Amazon link to order.

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is more of giving away the store than haggling. I expect haggling to require some pleading. There are limits (no asking for free service for two years) but SiriusXM is not stingy on the offers for customers they are winning back.

13. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I bought a new car Mar 22. It has a 3-month SiriusXM free trial. I currently have All Access in our van. I went to the website and made sure my info was correct and looked at adding the new car. It was not cheap so I left the site.

Two nights ago I get a call from SiriusXM. They congratulated me on my car, yada, yada, and said they could give me a good family discount. $191/yr.

No thanks, I said. Didn't I see a promo on the website? The rep looked and fond All Access for $49 for six months. OK, sound good. Wait, she said, with the promo code there's also a $99/yr option.

So I have All Access for 15 months for $99. Good deal.

Before you ask, I did try streaming from my phone. It works but changing channels and stuff is clunky while driving and seems unsafe. And you don't get album covers...