All I wanted was to watch the Dodgers.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kayy911, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayy911

kayy911 New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    So here is my Dish Network story for today.

I called them a couple days ago to see if I could get FSN Prime (the channel that shows the Dodgers) I get FSN Bay Area as my Regional Sports Network, I asked if they could change it to FSN Prime but they said it's determined by region. So they signed be up for some "everything sports package," long story short every game was blacked out.

So 2 days later (today) I call and cancel the package but see if I can get the regional sports network changed to FSN Prime anyway and after dealing with a few call center clones I got to a supervisor and sure enough HE CHANGED IT!!!!!!!!! However, I was now getting Los Angeles local channels instead of SF Bay area local channels so I called to change back and I tried getting the SAME supervisor using his supervisor number but they couldn't get me to him so they gave me to another supervisor and she said that the previous supervisor had violated company policy and rules and regulations by switching my zipcode. ALL I WANT IS TO WATCH THE DODGERS! THATS IT! God can someone help me, I don't want to pay for mlb extra innings.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Sorry - you're stuck
    If you want the Dodgers, you're going to have to pay for MLB

3. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    If you want to watch the Dodgers, but you don't live in the Dodgers' market, then you've got four choices:

1) MLB.TV, streamed to your computer.

2) MLB Extra Innings, available through DirecTV and some cable systems.

3) Find a Dodgers-friendly sports bar.

4) Move to the Los Angeles market.

4. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Highest Floor
    DISH Network says no Baseball Channel, no MLB Extra Innings.

5. bruin95

bruin95 Godfather

Apr 23, 2006
    In San Francisco? :lol:

6. razorbackfan

razorbackfan Godfather

Aug 17, 2002
    Ridgway,...
    Try watching the Dodgers in Arkansas. No one has ever heard of the Dodgers here.

7. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    You should have then at least tried to call all american direct to see if you could also get distant networks. They carry San Fran I beleive. There is no way to get that RSN without blackouts in your area without changing locals and even then that supervisor broke federal law to do that for you.

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    There is nothing Dish can do to help you legally due to MLB rules. You either have to move to LA or get MLBtv online. If you only want to listen to the game, MLB also has an audio feed which costs alot less than MLBtv or try XM radio which also carries the audio feeds.

9. BaldEagle

BaldEagle Legend

Jun 19, 2006
    Your best bet may be mlb.com. Draw your shades however if watching in Frisco.

10. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    I would love to get the Dodger games on TV every night, but being in Colorado, won't happen legally, just as it wouldn't in San Fran either. On the plus side, I get to go to 10 Dodger games at Coors Field every year, and catch a decent cunch on tv thoughout the season.
    MLB.com or moving down to the LA area are going to be your two choices, unless you sign up with Direct for the MLB package.

11. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    It's all controlled by your zip code and how MLB "sliced up" the country (MANY moons ago). It's not Dish who's limiting your choices, it's MLB.

I'd like to see Dish offer an option of being able to subscribe (Hey Dish, extra revenue!) to lets say an additional 2 out of market RSNs for an additional fee per RSN per month during the baseball season. Give MLB a cut of that fee if need be. All they care about is the bottom line anyway. Probably won't happen due to some obscure MLB rules.

12. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I see there are two more games in Vero Beach. You could always fly here and support the local economy. I'd even let you use the apartment attached to my house (maybe). :D

13. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    And a chance to get to see Tommy coach again actually would be pretty cool!

14. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    You mean THIS Tommy? :D This picture was taken in Feb 2002, by yours truly. I did some work on the satellite dish at Dodgertown that day and pretty much got the run of the place after getting the dish going.

Attached Files:

15. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Here's an action shot for ya.

Attached Files:

16. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Got to talk to him a bit last year on one of the Dodgers trips to Colorado. Now, if I could just get a chance to hang out with Vin Scully for a while. that would be incrediblely cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.