ALL IN Pricing?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Davenlr, Oct 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I was reading elsewhere that "All In" allowed you to have up to 4 DirecTv receivers without an extra charge. They installed my system with a Genie and a 4K box. They are charging an extra $7 a month for "Tv access fee". What is that for? If it is for the 4K box, then All in really isnt. If it is something else???

Also, assuming the $7 isnt for the 4K box, would adding an owned HR24 to the system cost extra?

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    It has been a few years since they offered that

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    OK Thanks. So they are back to the nickel and dime game again. I just installed a HDMI splitter and ran an optical HDMI cable through the attic to the bedroom for the bedroom TV. Cheaper than $7 a month for the HR24 add-on. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

4. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Not really nickel and diming. The all in included the money for all for clients. It wasn’t any cheaper

Rich likes this.
  5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Looking at my first bill, it appears I am going to need to stock up on vaseline for my second year of the contract :(

harsh likes this.
  6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    This has been the case for a few years now and is clearly documented in the advertising (it wasn't always that way).

7. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    they offered me the second mini free for the first year..

8. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Wasn't that the scam where they only let you buy certain multiples of receivers? Like they jumped from 1 to 4 or something like that and if you just wanted 2 you still paid the price for 4? I don't remember the exact number scheme, but that was definitely an issue, you definitely couldn't buy any random number of rooms you wanted.

9. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Yea Harsh, I knew it would be higher the second year, but I was just going by the price of the package itself, I wasnt counting on them cutting the discount for bundling, auto-bill pay, and then adding ~23 for this All-in thing.
    Maybe they wont, it just says on the bill that those all end on Oct 1st, 2021.
    That is OK, they paid me $300 to switch to ATT Fiber and DirecTv, so I kept the $300 in a savings account to pay the higher bill or the ETF, whichever I decide. Since DirecTv is the only provider that has a PQ good enough to satisfy me, Ill probably stick with it even at the higher price. Hopefully I can get them to extend some of the perks to keep me using their internet instead of switching it back to Xfinity.

10. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Looking at the terms of the current offer, the auto-pay/paperless discount does indeed go away (apparently it is just a $60 sign-up bonus spread out over time). I can't imagine why the bundling discount would cease, but then again, I can't imagine that the auto-pay/paperless discount would evaporate.

I'd suggest informing them near the end of your first year that you need to go off auto-pay and see what they say about a long term discount to keep you on it.

11. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    The "All Included" pricing model has went through several revisions since AT&T came out with it for DirecTV & U-Verse TV subscribers.

All versions of All Included include the base package channels, HD service, DVR service and Whole Home DVR service. The RSN Fee (for Choice, Xtra - Premiere, Mas Ultra & Lo Maximo) is still separate. The difference is the number of receivers included.
    • All Included 1 TV (Current)
      • You only get the primary receiver included, each additional receiver/client is $7/mo/ea.
    • All Included 2 TVs (Offered during the second and third quarters of 2016)
      • Included up to two receivers (or a receiver & client). Each additional receiver/client is $7/mo/ea.
    • All Included 4 TVs (Offered during the first & fourth quarter of 2016 and from the first - third quarters of 2017)
      • Includes up to four receivers (or a receiver & 3 clients). Each additional receiver/client is $7/mo/ea.
    AT&T eventually settled on the 1 TV setup for the All In packages so customers only paid for the # of receivers/clients they actually need.

The AutoPay & Paperless Billing discount and the Bundling discount are good for the first 12 months then they expire. It has always been this way except when AT&T experimented with a 2 year price guarantee with the All In 4TVs & All In 2TVs offer when those two discounts were extended to 24 months.

If you order DirecTV through CenturyLink they have a bundle discount of $5 off per month for 24 months which replaces the $10/12 AT&T bundle discount IIRC. The two are not stackable.

12. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Interesting. So I guess at 11 months, I go to the AT&T store and ask them for a deal to keep the bundle, and if they decline, Ill just sign back up to Xfinity internet assuming it is cheaper.
    I really never understood why they screw customers in the second year, and then ***** when their churn is so high. The reason I left the first time was because AT&T bought DirecTv and refused to honor my lifetime DVR service ($10/mo) even though it is STILL in their TOS.

13. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    details of tv charges

ENTERTAINMENT (all included) $97.00
    TV Access Fee $7.00
    Promotions/Discounts:
    $5 off for 1 mos with AutoPay and Paperless
    -$5.00
    $5 off for 11 months with AutoPay and Paperless -$5.00
    $10 off for 12 months with qualifying AT&T bundle -$10.00
    all included $27.01 off for 12 mos -$27.01
    TV Total $56.99

This is the bill. So what is confusing me is the package itself says All included. So after the 12 months is up, and I stop getting the credits, will the bill be $104 or 131.07? IOW, is the first year discount just the $27.01 off the package, or is that package price higher? I cannot find the price of their packages without a discount on their site.

I also found this hidden in the fine print: No credits in 2nd year for autopay/paperless bill.

So, if I calculated right, the bill goes from its current $56.99 for TV and $49.99 for internet to 173.99 total after 12 months since the Internet goes up $20 too.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  14. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    If you click the small "See details" link on their website it will tell you the full price of the package after promo period. Based on your TV charges it appears there was a catch up credit for AutoPay & Paperless Billing (see the $5 off for 1 mo then the $5 off for 11 months.)

So actually your monthly charges for DirecTV are $61.99/mo. and your Internet is $49.99/mo so your total bill for the first year is $111.98/mo. In the second year when everything goes to regular pricing the TV would be $104.00/mo (Entertainment All Included @ $97/mo + 1 Additional TV @ $7/mo) while the 1 Gig Internet would be $69.99/mo. You are correct that the total monthly charges in Year 2 would be $173.99/mo.

In all honestly for a household wanting 3 or less TVs AT&T TV would be a better option if you can handle the fact recordings expire after 90 days and AT&T TV doesn't have as many local channels and a select national channels that D* has (like feTV.)

Since you have the 1 Gig Internet (according to your signature) be sure to redeem your included HBO Max benefit. After redeeming the HBO Max benefit the HBO channels on D* will be unlocked at no additional cost. If you haven't redeemed the HBO Max benefit yet login to your AT&T account associated with the Internet service at att.com and select the HBO Max tile.

Incase anyone is wondering here is the current promo & regular charges for both AT&T TV and DirecTV along with the add-ons you can get. Promo pricing includes the AutoPay & Paperless Billing discount but excludes the AT&T bundle discount.

A greyed out row on the AT&T TV side means there is no AT&T TV equivalent. AT&T TV Premier is significantly cheaper than DirecTV Premier because AT&T TV doesn't have a Sports Pack. Seasonal sports packages are not included below since they only apply to D* (except for NBA League Pass which is on AT&T TV as well.)

AT&T TV-DirecTV.jpg

15. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    If you are looking for loyalty/retention credits in Year 2 the best option is to call the Loyalty Department and not go into a store. Some fine folks have the direct number in their signature otherwise just call the regular AT&T customer care line and say cancel account and no if it asks you if you are moving. They would be able to tell you if there are discounts for D* available. I've found it is best to call after your current promos expire.

Since the $69.99/mo pricing for the 1 Gig is cheaper than what new customers singing up today would pay they most likely won't have Internet discounts. (New customers pay $60/mo for the 1 Gig plan for the first year then $80/mo in Year 2. New customers also have to pay a $10/mo equipment fee.)

16. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure I was straight on the second year.
    I attempted to go to the HBO channels 501 etc, on DirecTv, and it just throws my to an ad channel for HBOMAX asking me to pay $14.95 for it. I can get it on my Computer and a couple other streamers, but apparently its not authorized for HBO itself on my DirecTv account. You say it should be?

17. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Curious, can you dump Directv in the second year to go back to Xfinity? I thought all the promos were 2 year commitments? Will they waive termination fees?

18. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    No, I was referring to dumping AT&T Fiber and going back to Xfinity Gig cable internet for year two if they would not allow me to keep the "bundle discount". Right now, it appears they would both be the same price, except with Xfinity I can use my own modem and router (and save $10 from AT&Ts mandatory use our router or else policy). I would keep DirecTv, even at the higher second year price. It is the only provider with 4K channels (I think Dish makes you stream 4K), and none of the other providers offer 1080i except Dish (and some channels on YouTubeTV). AT&T did, however, provide a $300 credit card to switch, so that covers 6 more months of the second year anyway.

I am retired and with Covid, spend 98% of my time at home in front of the TV so I would rather spend extra for picture quality anyway. I tolerated Xfinity's 720p on my 55", but within one week of upgrading to 75", I knew I couldnt keep Xfinity cable tv.

19. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    When you redeem the HBO Max benefit included with the AT&T Internet 1000 plan it should replicate to your AT&T video service (in this case DirecTV) within 72 hours after activating your HBO Max benefit just like it does with select AT&T Unlimited plans. You have to redeem/activate the benefit first. Here are the instructions for AT&T Internet:
    • Sign in to myAT&T and go to your account overview.
    • Look for the HBO Max card in the snapshot area and select Get started.
    • Follow the prompts to set up HBO Max.

20. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I have set up HBOMax. Ive been watching it for two weeks now. When I go to channel 501 (HBOe) on DirecTv, it comes up with the channel to order HBOMax. If I select the Order button, it says its free for 3 months, then $14.95. So apparently DirecTv isnt aware I am a customer on the Fiber side, or they dont authorize linear HBO anymore. I left a tweet to ATT and the response was HBO was streaming only. Typical AT&T.