All name based timers emptied

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by neilo, Mar 29, 2009.

1. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    All my timers that were name based just emptied out in the last few hours. They don't have any events in them at all. The only timers that have events are name+time which I have Daily Show and Colbert Report times for one of their broadcasts at night M-F. Any idea what is going on? Will they return? Do I have to start over? I just put in tonight's shows. I have a 522.

2. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    Well, that was weird. First some channels came back and then checking a few minutes later it seems they are all back. Has this happened to anyone else?

3. AKDishuser

AKDishuser Mentor

Oct 18, 2006
    Ever since NBR software came out. Buggy, but of couse Dish denies it's their problem. See Phrelin's recent posts about Dish's black box designer/tech support disconnect -- he's right on (as usual).

Yesterday the entires in my search history were gone. First time that's ever happened! At leat I've never lost recorded content -- others have on 5xx boxes.

Still waiting for HD content on a satellite I can see from Anchorage AK. I'm paying $6/month for locals but do most of my watching OTA because I've got great reception for the local HD broadcasts and Dish clips the picture on both sides when converting to SD. Why am I paying $72/year for this?:mad:

4. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    I am seeing the same issue on my 508. Most name-based timers used to record shows for my wife now show no matches, even though there are definitely shows listed in the program guide. I had to set up manual timers to get these shows to record for her.

One thing I did just think of: the flaky timers are all for local stations, the one name-based timer set up to record a show on AMC still seems to be working OK.