"All resources are being used for a network operation"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Guitar Hero, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero Godfather

Dec 13, 2005
    Can't watch live TV at all, not one station. I can watch recorded shows from today and before, though. I tried calling DirecTV and get the same message!!! What's goin on? How do I clear this?

Not that big of a deal, since I do want to watch my recorded shows at the moment. But, I need to know what's going on this is a problem for me if I'm done watching my recorded shows. I've been a DirecTV customer for over 15 years and have NEVER seen this message.

EDIT: Got it figured out. Didn't notice all 5 of my options to record shows were being used up at the time. It's now back to normal.

2. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    That's a terrible error message, you'd think they'd work to improve their error messages for the savings in calls they'd get. How hard would it be to say something like "All 5 tuners in your Genie are currently in use for scheduled recordings or by clients viewing live TV. You can still watch recorded content in the meantime."

3. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I am convinced that the error messages and instruction manuals are written by people whose native language is not English.

4. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just curious but wouldn't you have noticed all 5 tuners were being used and 5 shows recording while viewing your play list?

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Not to mention that screen comes on detailing what each client and/or Genie is doing...