All-Star Survivor Talk: Week 6 (3/4)

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Holtz, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to go back to the recording and re-watch the video.

On the next episode of Survivor All-Stars:

[size=+2]"Outraged"[/size]
    • Sensing that she had been personally attacked, Shii Ann confronts Colby, only to be subjected to a lecture.
    • One All-Star suddenly rises to dominance in providing for the tribe.
    • Tension builds for one castaway and culminates in an explosive reaction.
    And, in the promo for next week's episode, Sue says, "It wasn't sort-of, Jeff! I was humiliated and totalally spent, Jeff!" This has been confirmed by both audio and closed captions.

It will be interesting.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    If you watch the promo that is on CBS's website, she says:"I was humiliated and dehumanized." This was in reference to the this week's (2/26) immunity challenge.

3. Mar 1, 2004 #3 of 17
    Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Looks like she is grandstanding or maybe her tribe works her up into a frenzy. She sure did not seem that upset right after the challenge.

4. Mar 1, 2004 #4 of 17
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I would agree. At first I was thinking about Hatch's conduct at the challenge last week...but I think that it would have shown at that time if she really was that worked up about it.

5. Mar 4, 2004 #5 of 17
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    It's Survivor Thursday. Parential discretion is advised.

6. Mar 4, 2004 #6 of 17
    Marvin

Marvin Godfather

Sep 13, 2003
    No spoilers, but I can't be the only one that found that to be extremely boring.

7. Mar 4, 2004 #7 of 17
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Yes. I agree. I kept waiting for something to happen and nothing really did. At least nothing that wasn't aready expected.

8. Mar 4, 2004 #8 of 17
    Wildfire_36

Wildfire_36 AllStar

Sep 16, 2002
    Warning: This MAY be considered a spoiler, read on at your own risk, I am NOT going to black it out.

I debated on if I was going to comment or not, but I have to. I have seen the callous comments here, and I saw them on the show.....I am angry!

As someone who has been sexually assulted (sp) I want to let you all know that it can come back to "haunt" you hours, days, weeks, months and/or years later!

Just because Sue did not say something at the time it happened, does not make her feelings any less valid! What Richard did was beyond wrong! It was sick and disgusting!

I do hope she sues the hell out of him for what he did. And I think that CBS also has a role in it. Just because Jeff did not "see" it, the camera people did. The game should have been stopped right then and there and Richard ejected! I know there is no "rules" on that sort of conduct, but they should not have allowed it and/or condoned it. And I think by not stopping things then and there they condoned it.

I hope that anyone reading this will put themselves in her shoes for just a few moments before making any more comments.

9. Mar 4, 2004 #9 of 17
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Richard played dirty. Pure and simple. He wanted it to affect Chapera.

Even Jeff was surprised at Sue's reaction. If Richard wasn't voted off, she would have slugged him one.

I'm going back to last weeks recording.

Notice that they did not run the "Watch the latest castoff" for the morning show.

10. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Did they not say that richard and sue would be on?
    just saw it again before csi, they said hatch and hawk would be on... setting my 501 in a minute... :lol:

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Okay, I've reviewed the episode in question. Remember, Red Team has the right platform, while Green Team has the left platform.
    • Sue crosses the "fight" bridge
    • Sue looks, sees Richard on the right beam beginning to cross.
    • Sue puts one or two steps on the left beam, gets off, and points at the right beam and says, "I want this one. I gotta take my time.
    • Kathy crosses the fight bridge, so both Kathy and Sue are on the same platform.
    • Sue says, "Come on baby!" She then says some which I can't decipher but ends in "water". There is a audio "blank".
    • Kathy isn't at Sue/Richard, and says "Excuse me" as she trys to get on the left beam.
    • Richard steps on the platform, so it's Richard, Sue, and Kathy on that small platform. Kathy is bumped by Susan while trying to step on the beam, and steps back on the platform.
    • Richard says, "Want some?" Sue replies, "Yeah, right."
    • Poor Kathy is trying to get on the left beam. Richard makes physical contact, and Richard and Sue rotate around. Richard does not see that Kathy has stepped onto the left beam, giving him plenty of room.
    • Jeff says, "Come on guys, nobody cares about that stuff."
    • Woman says, "Yeah, we don't Richard."
    • Kathy, Sue, and Richard go in seperate directions.
    You guys call it. At the time Sue wanted to cross, Kathy was crossing the fight bridge, and arrives after Susan. Her hack was against Susan's, and at the time the event occurred, Susan knew that someone was behind her, and Kathy may have seen Susan, but didn't pay any attention. Susan didn't know who was behind her, and didn't want to bump off a fellow teammate.

12. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Okay, watching the goodbye, Sue hugged the Chapera girls, and the audio indicated that the girls were talking. No hugs from the guys, although Rupert did shake Susan's hand as she and Jeff headed towards the boat.

13. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    One other thing... Jenna left Survivor to be with her mom on Day 9. Her mom died 8 days later. This would make it day 17, which is when Susan walks.

14. toddjb

toddjb Legend

May 7, 2002
    Thank God they're gone! Susan and Richard were the two most annoying players this time around and it'll be a better show without them, no matter what the reasons for their leaving.

15. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Seemed to me she worked herself into a frenzy overnight - from what the others were saying it was along the lines of "what would my husband think?".

My own impression was a touch of "is she grandstanding" before she made her dramatic exit. My wife saw it after coming home form work and she's rather ticked at the woman because of how nuclear she went.. My wife went on to say something that I was only thinking - what does this say to women who have been raped? Is there a chance that a lot of rape victims are going to be offended by this woman reacting to a guy being a lewd jerk who IS GAY AND NOT INTERESTED IN HER ANYWAY. Hatch tried to put her off her game and it worked - she played right into it. She called him out and got a lot more than she expected.

I don't deny that what she is feeling is genuine. I just think there's a risk, what with it being on national TV, that she could get some really unexpected reactions.

And suing Hatch for $10M? I don't think so. I'm willing to bet that they signed release forms. And if a rape victim can't get that kind of money - MURDER victims don't get that kind of money, Sue isn't going to get that kind of money.

But, to be honest, I don't blame her for venting.

16. rjenkins

rjenkins Legend

Jul 18, 2002
    I saw Sue and Richard on the Early Show this morning, and although you could tell they both still didn't like each other (they never really did even before this), they both acted rather normal.

Sue seemed to have genuinely moved past the incident. She did mention that Mark Burnett and CBS had been "real nice about helping to deal with the situation", which made me wonder a little bit if a cash settlement or something had happened behind the scenes.

17. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Good to hear. As of this afternoon my wife was still ranting a bit about how that whole thing was protrayed.. Her attitude was that "this just goes and promotes the idea that women can't stand up to men - that they're fragile, weak and need protecting".