1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I an HR23 Orphan?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by PK6301, Jun 28, 2012.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I have a simple set-up. Just One television in the living room hooked up to an HR23-700. I like the system, there is nothing wrong with it. I have had it for 2 months.
    But in reading the posts it seems that the 23 is an orphan. Everyone else has HR22's and 24"s
    Not that I am complaining, I always champion the underdog, and the down-trodden.

I know you are thinking how can I live with just ONE TV, But I have never had a TV in my bedroom, and my son is too young to have one in his. Heck the installer was in and out in just under 1 1/2 hours (Easiest Install he had that day).

I'm Just venting..good bye:)

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    There are HR20's, HR21's, HR22's, HR23's and HR24's. As far as DirecTV is concerned they are all functionally equivalent. From a user experience, they are mostly the same. I've used all but the HR23, and personally find them all satisfactory (others may not agree).

If you like the system, and there is nothing wrong with it, then welcome aboard and enjoy your DirecTV.

3. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    For years and years I had just one TV. It was in the TV room. Made sense to me.

And I own a HR23. It had a short production run but works just fine, thank you.

4. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    Agreed,
    look at my profile link.
    I have three different types of dvrs, and love them all.
    You are missing nothing with your set up.

Your HR23-700 is newer than my lone HR20, but our experience with either is pretty much the same.

You have a great unit, enjoy and welcome!

:welcome_s

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    There is one real benefit of a 23. In a non singe wire setup, it does not require two boxes hanging off the back.