1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am New Customer, Refer Friend Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by streatordogs09, Jun 29, 2012.

1. streatordogs09

streatordogs09 Cool Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I just joined Dish last week. I was told over the phone that I would receive 50 dollars on my next bill and my parents would get 5 off until 50 was reached. My question is on the website it says my account is 0.00. I am used to Direct where they would have a credit sitting there to show how much they owed you. Should I call or just wait until the bill. Thanks.

2. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Ask one of the DIRT members here. They are very helpfull.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    It always takes 3-4 months for the credits, etc. to begin appearing on your bill.

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    The website wont show the credit sitting there, so you wont see anything like -50.00$

If i remember correctly you wont see an indication of a credit until the statement generates and its located in there.

5. streatordogs09

streatordogs09 Cool Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Thanks guys for the feedback.

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Wait, did your parents hook you up with a ClubDish referral card/number? If done after the fact, you should see that credit balance online after a day, if they had to do a manual credit. Otherwise, you would have had to pay $50 less on the first bill.

7. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Just made my first "referral" (someone here knows who)
    OK-I understand that it takes a while for the $5 credits to kick in (if they do at all), but how long should it take for the PPV credits to appear (since like I say it was my first referral)? Are they also a few months down the road or after activation by the 'friend'?

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Usually after the credits start.

9. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Thanks Gary-