1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AM21 discontinued?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by daviddsims, Aug 30, 2010.

1. daviddsims

daviddsims Mentor

Nov 3, 2004
    I dont have all my locals because of contract issues. I called Dtv up about getting the am21 since I have an HR22. Talked to two different reps and could not get a one to tell me they are still available. Just curious if they stopped selling them or what is going on? Also I have the MRV and dont even know if I bought one from SS would this still work since it needs a USB connection.

Thanks,

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Have you check online on your DirecTV account, it should still be listed under My Equipment and then the TV Internet Connection section (don't know why it's there since the AM21 and internet don't intersect in any way).

Which goes to your 2nd question, the AM21 and MRV/Whole Home work fine together, so if want to order one from SolidSignal, no problem.

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    MRV doesn't prevent use of the usb slot on the back of the receiver. The AM21 works just fine with MRV enabled, just connect your antenna to the AM21 and the AM21 to the receiver.

4. daviddsims

daviddsims Mentor

Nov 3, 2004
    Thanks for the responses. I was thinking about ethernet connection and that the top slot was used up from MRV but since it is USB that works great.