AM21 + Genie HR44 - what happened to OTA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by markman07, Jun 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    So late last year I had new windows put into the house. Before this, I had a flat cable connector so I could get my antenna cable into the house and connect to my AM21. Well, with the new windows even the flat cable wasn't an option so I had to work on getting the cable into the house. Ok, that is is resolved. Now onto the issue.

Looking at my HR44 I was no longer seeing the OTA channels. I re-ran the antenna setup but even after its completion it still doesn't show any of the channels. I have verified all channels are set to be displayed. One other odd thing is if I go back to the antenna setup the edit antenna channels option is greyed out.

I've tried the obvious troubleshooting rebooting, disconnecting am21 usb, rebooting, reconnecting usb, etc.

2. dod1450

dod1450 Legend

Dec 16, 2009
    Do you see the words "am-21" in your info display?

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    My HR44 and AM21 work fine (well given the known audio hiccups that is). Have had to rescan a few times recently due to repacks. If it isn't working for you, you may have a bad AM21, USB cable or antenna connection.

4. TXD16

TXD16 Icon

Oct 29, 2008
    See this post

5. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Remembering back years ago from my H20 with built-in OTA tuner, before we went HD. May or may not apply to current equipment...

Directv updated to add some locals to my area's data base, but when I'd update the antenna setup it wouldn't list the new channels. I eventally discovered (most likely with a tip from here) that when doing the antenna update I had to re-enter my zipcode. If I just accepted the pre-filled area code, even though it was the same, it would't work.