AM21 sensitivity/signal not acquired - changed with latest software?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H2x Discussion (private)' started by Kiwi, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwi

Kiwi Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I have read the couple of detailed posts about the AM21's tuner capabilities but I am experiencing the situation where my television's OTA tuner (Toshiba 40RF350U) is far more capable at locking onto the OTA signal from the same antenna. I get three measures from the Toshiba; SNR, Signal, Power. The SNRs for 8 of my 9 local OTA stations range from 26 to 33, with the 9th station at 58. The television can lock onto all 9 but the channel with the 59 SNR drops in and out.

I am going to put the H21/AM21 combo right next to my Toshiba so I can eliminate as many variables as possible as I am using a diplexor setup on the H21/AM21 currently.

Interestingly, the first software load for the H21/AM21 combo allowed me to pull in 8 of my 9 OTA stations, with the 59 SNR channel being the one I couldn't get. Now with the latest software I can only acquire 2 stations consistently and 1 intermittently.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in the AM21 tuner's capability when going to the latest software load?

2. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I don't think it has changed, perhaps something on your end, or the path has changed....in any case, we will probably get a new push this Friday (tomorrow) and you and the rest of us can recheck our levels. I'll report back after the push.

I'm presuming a push because that's how we got the last one and when D* does this "private" testing, they tend to push ...so unless we get another kind of notice, don't download the H21 CE....take what is pushed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.