AM21: Tuner, OFF-Air 1, has been removed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ColdCase, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    I've had an AM21 connected to my HR22 for years without issue. I noticed the AM21 power light was off this afternoon and got the "Tuner, Off-Air 1, has been removed" message on the screen.

The more info button gives me:

Verify external tuner is powered on
    Disconnect snd reconnect all cable ends.

Did that and restarted the HR22 (unplugged the power cord from the AM21 which cuts power to everything).

AM21 power light is now on but I am still getting the error when I select an OTA channel from the guide.

I tried plugging the USB cable into the front HR22 port as someone posted years ago.

Before I spend a lot of time troubleshooting, I thought I'd check here if this is an AM21 failure mode.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. jle1639

jle1639 Member

Apr 15, 2013
    dothan al
    Do a re scan for your locals.

3. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    That just removed the OTA channels from the guide and the antenna setup is now missing from the sat/antenna menu :)

I don't thing the HR22 provides scanning like newer DVRs do, if I understand it.

I haven't heard of any SW updates that killed the AM21, I'd hate to spend days fixing caps only to find it to be a SW issue :)

During antenna setup it spends some time getting the guide info. Then, when done, no OTA channels show up. The edit channel list is grayed out too. Its as if D* pulled the plug on OTA... but there are probably hardware failures that would have similar symptoms.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018