1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am21 wrong channel inof given

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by seamonkeys1, Aug 30, 2010.

1. seamonkeys1

seamonkeys1 Cool Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I have a wrong channel number on my DIRECTV guide. I am unable to tune in fox because they changed their number one year ago. is there away to manual input this data into the DIRECTV box? The guide thinks it is on 17.1 one but it is on channel 7.1.

Thank YOU

2. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    All OTA channel, and DirecTV guide data, is provided by Tribune Media Services. One way to check is look up your OTA channels on www.Zap2It.com. The data TMS provides tell the tuner if there is a channel, what to tune to, and the what it displays the channels as. Zap2It has both the Phoenix 7.2CD(36.2) Prescott version of KAZT7.2DT (7.2) listed, but have them swapped for the Phoenix and Prescott areas. We get searching for signal when we try to tune in.

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I had a similar problem when a local sub-channel number changed.

There is a good chance the data base of local channels has been updated since the last time you configured your local channel setup.

Rerun your antenna setup to see if this fixes the problem.

4. seamonkeys1

seamonkeys1 Cool Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I did check that one site the other guy posted and they have it still listed as there old number. I have put in a request to change it to the right channel number.

Is there a way I can manual map it to the right channel for the time being?

Or do I need to find a zip code that has fox on channel 7.1 and do a cross mapping or something?

Thank You

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Unfortunately there is no other way to manually map channels with the AM-21; it's a major mistake on DirecTV's part, imho.

If you can find a second zip code with a TV channel that matches your desired station's actual RF channel, it may decode it, although it may not be shown on the correct channel or have the right TV listings.

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    There is a place on the zap2it.com website to submit corrections. I did that once and got a confirmation the next day. Several days later the correct data was there (I think I had to reset the OTA setup to see it).