Amazing Race 5-LEG 3 (7/20)

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Holtz, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    TRAFFIC SAFETY AND ROAD CONDITIONS:While in a foreign country, U.S. citizens may encounter road conditions that differ significantly from those in the United States. The information below concerning Argentina is provided for general reference only, and may not be totally accurate in a particular location or circumstance:
    • Safety of Public Transportation: Fair
    • Urban Road Conditions/Maintenance: Good/Fair
    • Rural Road Conditions/Maintenance: Fair/Fair
    • Availability of Roadside Assistance: Good
    Driving throughout Argentina is more dangerous than driving in the United States. Drivers in Argentina are very aggressive, especially in the capital city of Buenos Aires, and frequently ignore traffic regulations. U.S. driver's licenses are valid in the capital and the province of Buenos Aires, but Argentine or international licenses are required to drive in the rest of the country.

On the next episode of The Amazing Race:
    [size=+2]I Get Electrocuted![/size]
    • The teams travel throughout Argentina during the race's third leg.
    • Two Teams form an alliance, and when one duo gets stuck, their allies help. When the tables are turned, will the favor be returned, or will the alliance be betrayed?
    • Tensions come to a boil as two Teams fight in an airport.
    • One frustrated Team struggles with a task while other Teams fly past them. Will this mean elimination?
    • Faced with a harrowing task, one Racer is paralyzed by fear and declares, "I can't do it."

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I felt like turning on this show tonight cause I was bored, and after reading about it here I figured why not. Also the Rat Race movie was pretty funny so this should be fun.

It was pretty funny how a reaction of having your shoes mucked up cause u to remove them and get your clean white socks even dirtier.

And the "I got electrocuted" was pretty funny, but she didn't react that bad...

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Departure from pit stop:
    1. Brandon & Nicole (FP-2)-11:50 PM
    2. Charla & Mirna-11:51 PM
    3. Jim & Marsha (LP-1)-12:21 AM
    4. Linda & Karen-12:28 AM
    5. Bob & Joyce-12:31 AM
    6. Colin & Christie-12:32 AM
    7. Marshall & Lance-12:41 AM
    8. Chip & Kim-1:08 AM
    9. Kimi & Karlie (LP-2)-1:13
    Time differential: 83 minutes

9:10 Flight
    Colin & Christie
    Charla & Mirna

9:40 Flight
    Marshall & Lance
    Brrandon & Nicole

10:30 Flight
    Linda & Karen
    Bob & Joyce
    Chip & Kim
    Kami & Karli

11:30 Flight
    Jim & Marsha

Arrival at pit stop:
    1. Colin & Christie (FP-3)
    2. Charla & Mirna
    3. Brandon & Nicole (FP-2)
    4. Bob & Joyce
    5. Kimi & Karlie (LP-2)
    6. Linda & Karen
    7. Chip & Kim
    8. Marshall & Lance (LP-3)
    9. Jim & Marsha (LP-1)

4. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    What surprised me is that Jim & Marsha did not elect to go for the Fast Forward or that Chip & Kim or Kami & Karli didn't try to pull a Yield.

What's even more surprising is that the first three legs, nobody was using a fast forward.

5. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    I'm not sure if the fast forward is available on every leg of the race. It was kind of boring in the past when a team would do one activity and suddenly be in the lead. I like the yield idea better because now there will be a little bit of competitiveness.

6. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    There are only 2 Fast Forwards for the entire contest.

7. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Does anyone else think that Marshall & Lance showed how much of an ass they are when they yelled "*****" to Mirna and Charla. The ladies may not be the greatest people to be around and annoying at times, but that comment was uncalled for. If the brothers ever had an approval rating, it dropped significantly last night.

8. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    It was uncalled for, but given the behavior at the airport I can imagine how frustrated they were with them at the time. They asked a simple question about if the girls were buying tickets for others, and were given the runaround.

Mirna continues to provide the comic relief however. "How's my hair? Everytime we see Phil my hair is a mess!"

9. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Just as a note... This episode ranked #8 in this week's neilson ratings with a 6.9 rating. The top rated show was CSI with a 8.8. Still pretty good ratings for summertime viewing.