Amazing Race Contest: LEG 10 QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This week's questions are now online!

Deadline to reply to the questions is noon (Eastern time) prior to the airing of the show (May 3rd)

If you have not already read the rules, please do so now.

Click here when you are ready to begin. Your time will begin once you click the START button found on that page.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a timed question. Before pressing START, make certain you are prepared to spend a few minutes answering them. Time begins when you press START, and ends when you hit the FINISH button found on the page after.

Good Luck!!!

GRAND PRIZE THIS SEASON IS A $200 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO DISH DEPOT
    2nd Place prize is a $50 Gift Certificate to an online retailer of your choice.

2. May 3, 2005 #2 of 20
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Tick tock... 1 hour to go.

3. May 3, 2005 #3 of 20
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Looks like we could have a race in this contest going into the final 2 episodes. I guess I do have a chance after all...

4. May 3, 2005 #4 of 20
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    How do you figure? Admit it cdru - you're done! :) ;)

5. May 3, 2005 #5 of 20
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Pfft. I'll concede victory when Rob and Amber cross that finish line first...it ain't ever gonna happen. I'm just waiting to see which one of you three leaders had the slower time that allows me to catch up to you this week. You and Tusk still have your preseason bonuses I have to worry about...but I'll take my chances. Heck, with 5x the normal points for the normal episode, Chaos and David at the bottom of the active list have a chance.

Besides, it would be much more satisfying for me to come in second knowing that you chipped in for 1/2 that prize. ;)

6. May 3, 2005 #6 of 20
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    And I'll happily send it to you... :)

Nothing like a little friendly competition at the end!

7. May 3, 2005 #7 of 20
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Here is preliminary unscored spreadsheet holding the raw data. The database didn't have any D1 answers, so I'm not certain if that is right or not yet as I haven't had a chance to compare it with the emails. If you submitted D1 and its not listed, don't panic yet.

On the FastForward, TK 1991 is the earliest flight. Arrival appear to differ depending on what site you use. Bgilmore gets credit.

On D2, some of you read the passage too quickly and confused your notes (3 were mentioned... one being found by Watson on the rock, and two being mentioned in the text of that letter. The blue envelope in the pidgeonhole is the correct answer). If there was wrong info stated (not just more than I asked), you got it wrong.

8. May 3, 2005 #8 of 20
    Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Danny - there were 3 parts to the D1 question. Bgilmore and I were the only ones that answered all 3 parts. heathadeisel and David Rymanowicz only answered 2 of the parts. I don't have the exact text of the question here at the office, but I do have it at home and will post it later on. I believe the 3 parts were who it was intended for, where it was located and how it was marked. Or something similar to that. Their answers left out the who it was intended for part.

9. May 3, 2005 #9 of 20
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    There was a fast forward this leg? I didn't even read the question...

10. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    heathadeisel and David Rymanowicz only answered 2 of the parts

Yup, you are correct. I'm sure both of them will thank you for pointing that out later. ;)
    Scoring will be marked accordingly.

There was a fast forward this leg? I didn't even read the question...

Fastest flight from Istanbul to London leaving no earlier than noon local time.

---

FYI: cdru changed one of his answers before the deadline. Its not reflected yet in the spreadsheet above. He changed Q3 to none.

11. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I've (along with Mark and David I think) been bamboozled. Fricking spoilers...

12. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    No doubt...and I was a freaking idiot this week as well with the money question...sigh...

13. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah..I wondered why you went with Ron. Your yield answer also wasn't very logical if you think about it. U/J had a excellent leg last week, so it was likely that even if R/A and R/K made up some time, they weren't going to make up that much. I had originally wanted to choose 2:10, but my wife said 2:15...so I compromised. Grrr. Cost me the yield.

I only noticed Uchenna and Amber counting money. Gretchen looked like she was about to, but then didn't.

The windows was a little tougher to figure out. Although Amber had the seat on their first flight where a window would be, it looked like they had an exit row that didn't have a window or a door or something. All the other racers looked like they had an isle or middle row seat with the exception of Gretchen which it was hard to tell if she was next to the window or if she had the middle row. The sunlight coming in the window washed out the detail.

14. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    Danny,

Your preliminary spreadsheet shows that I did not take a detour, but I answered Detour 2. I have forwarded the e-mail confirmation to you as verification. Don't know if it will help me, but we'll see.

15. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Yeah, as I mentioned above, the basic web data for some reason dropped that column. I have the emails as well which do list the complete fields, and am fixing those as I speak.

16. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    FYI: I should have this weeks scores up Saturday afternoon sometime. Haven't had time to watch this week's show till tonight.

17. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Q1 Who comes in 1st: Rob/Amber
    Q2 Who comes in last: Meredeth/Gretchen
    Q3 Who counts money on start mat: Uchenna, Gretchen, Amber
    Q4 Who sits at a window seat: Gretchen
    Q5 Time between contestants at start: 2 hrs
    Q6 Non-eliminated: Ron/Kelly

See spreadsheets for Detour/FF answers. Those of you who did D1, if you didn't give the complete answer (including who the letter was intended for) you were scored behind those who got it entirely correct.

Results:
    THIS WEEKS RESULTS

CUMULATIVE RESULTS

I disagree here. I think they showed her finishing up her count, but she was definately shown sorting through several of her bills.
    Seemed clear enough to me. All but Gretchen were clearly in aisle/middle rows. Gretchen's was more washed out because she was adjacent to the window in my opinion.

18. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    VERY CLOSE RACE!

Three people are tied in 1st. Two people are tied in 4th, just ONE day behind the rest of the pack. The 6th place teams likewise are in shooting distance and with a quick submission could easily catch up to the leaders.

So over half the pack is in serious competition for the prize.

And of course even a last place contestant can win the final FF and suddenly be a contender as well.

19. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Was this incorrect Danny and Tusk really went for Detour 1 as indicated in the spread sheet? Going from No Detour to D1 didn't effect any of the scoring, but going to D2 would.

20. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    When I went back to my submission reponse e-mail, it listed my answers for the sherlock holmes question as detour 2. I didn't remember what order the detour questions were in, so I responded that my detour 2 answers were not being included in the spreadsheet. Whichever detour the question was listed under, my answers are showing up in the column with everyone else.