Amazing Race Contest: LEG 5/6 QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Please note that this week's show will be a 2 hour episode and set your timers accordingly.

Thus this week's questions will be split into two separate sets.

The first set will deal with the first hour, which presumably will be Leg 5. The second group of questions will deal with the 2nd hour of the show which is presumed to be Leg 6.

If however the entire show is just one leg, Leg 5 as mentioned in the questions is defined as ONLY the 1st hour, and Leg 6 as only the 2nd. So if I ask who the #1 contestant for Leg 5 is, that person will be the person leading at the end of that hour. There will be additional options for situations such as "impossible to determine". This boundary based on the time is ONLY if there is only one leg shown during the whole two hour episode.

Because there are twice the questions, please allow sufficient time before starting.

Questions will appear in this spot sometime Wednesday evening/Thursday morning.

2. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This week's questions are now online!

Deadline to reply to the questions is midnight (Eastern time) prior to the airing of the show (March 22nd)

If you have not already read the rules, please do so now.

Click here when you are ready to begin. Your time will begin once you click the START button found on that page.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a timed question. Before pressing START, make certain you are prepared to spend a few minutes answering them. Time begins when you press START, and ends when you hit the SUBMIT button found on the page after.

Good Luck!!!

GRAND PRIZE THIS SEASON IS A $200 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO DISH DEPOT
    2nd Place prize is a $50 Gift Certificate to an online retailer of your choice.

3. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leg 5 or 1st hour questions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 1: Which team comes in first for this leg of the race?No time added for a correct response. One day added for incorrect.
    Brian/Greg - brothers
    Lynn/Alex - boyfriends
    Meredith/Gretchen - grandparents
    Ray/Deana - dating on and off
    Rob/Amber - engaged
    Ron/Kelly - dating
    Uchenna/Joyce - married
    Tie - This hour does not end at a pitstop, and multiple racers are tied for 1st.
    Unknown - This hour does not end at a pitstop, and its impossible to say who's leading.

QUESTION 2: Which team comes in last place for this leg of the race?No time added for a correct response. One day added for incorrect.
    Brian/Greg - brothers
    Lynn/Alex - boyfriends
    Rob/Amber - engaged
    Ron/Kelly - dating
    Uchenna/Joyce - married
    Tie - This hour does not end at a pitstop, and multiple racers are tied for last.
    Unknown - This hour does not end at a pitstop, and its impossible to say who's losing.

QUESTION 3: Which team members will take the roadblock for this leg?One day added for each member you incorrectly or fail to correctly select. If you select ONLY the tie option and its right, it will be worth -2 days.
    Brian - brothers
    Greg - brothers
    Lynn - boyfriends
    Alex - boyfriends
    Meredith - grandparents
    Gretchen - grandparents
    Ray - dating on and off
    Deana - dating on and off
    Rob - engaged
    Amber - engaged
    Ron - dating
    Kelly - dating
    Uchenna - married
    Joyce - married
    There is no roadblock for this leg.

QUESTION 4: How many group points are there for this leg of the race?A group point is defined as a location where all the teams catch up before another team is able to leave. Start and Pit Stops are excluded. For a large location (such as an airport) to be considered a group point, it must be obvious that the teams are all together in the same section at the same time. This might mean a subjective call on my part. Closest answer loses no time. All other answers add days equal to the correct number or 1 day, whichever is greater.

There was just 1 group point at the airport.

QUESTION 5: What is the time difference between the 1st and last team at the start of this leg?Closest answer wins a Yield, and subtracts a day from their time. They also win the chance to yield another player.

6 hours 35 minutes

QUESTION 6: Will the 1st place finishers of this leg win an additional prize?
    Get the question right and lose a day. Wrong and gain a day.
    Yes - they win a trip
    Yes - they win cash
    Yes - they win something else
    No - they just have the satisfaction of coming in first
    No - there is no pitstop for this hour

DETOURS:
    Pick one of the following detours to answer. You may choose to not answer a detour if you wish and simple leave both blank. You will be graded against others who likewise choose that option. If you answer more than one, you will be graded only on the one that the majority of other players also pick, resulting in a possibly worse score.

DETOUR 1: This week our teams travel to South Africa. It appears some teams might do some spelunking while in the area. List as many cave systems found in South Africa as you can discover. Better credit given to the most complete list. .

cdru had the most.
    hehe... you missed Wild Caves.
    DETOUR 2: Lets learn a bit about another team. Ray of the Ray/Deana team describes himself as a "semi-professional football player". What league does he play in, and what team was he associated with? If there is more than one answer, only give for 1997.

Ray played in the United States Flag & Touch League on the Giachetta’s team.

Leg 6 or 2nd hour questions

QUESTION 1: Which team comes in first for this leg of the race?No time added for a correct response. One day added for incorrect.
    Brian/Greg - brothers
    Lynn/Alex - boyfriends
    Rob/Amber - engaged
    Ron/Kelly - dating
    Uchenna/Joyce - married

QUESTION 2: Which team comes in last place for this leg of the race?No time added for a correct response. One day added for incorrect.
    Brian/Greg - brothers
    Lynn/Alex - boyfriends
    Rob/Amber - engaged
    Ron/Kelly - dating
    Uchenna/Joyce - married

QUESTION 3: Which team members will take the roadblock for this leg?One day added for each member you incorrectly or fail to correctly select. If you select ONLY the tie option and its right, it will be worth -2 days.
    Brian - brothers
    Greg - brothers
    Lynn - boyfriends
    Alex - boyfriends
    Meredith - grandparents
    Gretchen - grandparents
    Ray - dating on and off
    Deana - dating on and off
    Rob - engaged
    Amber - engaged
    Ron - dating
    Kelly - dating
    Uchenna - married
    Joyce - married
    There is no roadblock for this leg.

QUESTION 4: How many group points are there during this leg of the race?
    A group point is defined as a location where all the teams catch up before another team is able to leave. Start and Pit Stops are excluded. For a large location (such as an airport) to be considered a group point, it must be obvious that the teams are all together in the same section at the same time. This might mean a subjective call on my part. Closest answer loses no time. All other answers add days equal to the correct number or 1 day, whichever is greater.

There were 2 group points. The Lion feeding and the train station.

QUESTION 5: How much money to teams get at the start of this leg?
    Closest answer wins a Yield, and subtracts a day from their time. They also win the chance to yield another player. If money is seen pulled from the envelopes, but no amounts are spoken, the highest amount wins the yield. If no money is seen, the answer is zero. If this hour doesn't include a start point, the answer will be the first amount of money (converted to US$) mentioned anywhere in the show.

$118

QUESTION 6: Will the 1st place finishers of this leg win an additional prize?Get the question right and lose a day. Wrong and gain a day.
    Yes - they win a trip
    Yes - they win cash
    Yes - they win something else
    No - they just have the satisfaction of coming in first
    No - there is no pitstop for this hour

DETOURS:
    Pick one of the following detours to answer. You may choose to not answer a detour if you wish and simple leave both blank. You will be graded against others who likewise choose that option. If you answer more than one, you will be graded only on the one that the majority of other players also pick, resulting in a possibly worse score.

DETOUR 1: It appears our teams travel to South Africa this episode. What is the name of the street where two nobel peace prize winners lived?

Wow... I think I have a simple quesiton here, yet find there are two answers!

Giving credit for both Villagrazi Road and Nxumalo Street

CoriBright, if you want credit for Government Street, let me have a link as I can't verify if that might also be a right answer. Not that it matters though because you will be in 1st place anyway.

DETOUR 2: Lets learn a bit about another team. Brian of the Brian/Greg describes himself as a "actor", and while I can't find any movie credits, he has appeared on TV before. What other reality show has he appeared in? List the episode # and title.

Depending on your notatation, this was episode 419 (19th episode of 4th season) or episode #68. Different websites show different titles so I'm giving full credit so long as you got the right episode.

FAST FORWARD: While in South Africa, it appears at least one team will brave crossing over a large water cooling tower located in Soweto. Who designed the artwork that now decorates these towers?
    [​IMG]

Janine Kleinschmidt designed the towers. Coribright wins the FF.

Preliminary results:
    THIS WEEKS RESULTS

CUMULATIVE RESULTS

4. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I did both but only got an email on one of the legs. Does that mean the second leg didn't work for me?

5. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I have entries for both. You are good to go.

6. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Could you confirm for me also?

7. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Yup, good to go. In general if you get the confirmation page after the 2nd leg's questions, there is no way your answers could not have been accepted. The email is just additional confirmation.

8. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    No reliable reliable spoilers. Ambiguity about it being two legs or one.
    A car crash and a cave crash
    So much in the air. I may have to rely on dumb luck, or as Mark said a few weeks ago, WAG (wild ass guess) to help me out this week.

9. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    No kidding...

10. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Polls now closed.

If I had to guess, I'd say this week features an extra long leg similar to what we saw last season during Leg 6. This time however they listened to viewers who were upset at having to wait 2 weeks just to see the conclusion and decided to show the episodes back to back.

Mark Holtz... thanks for the question suggestion, but I didn't want to include it this week because of the potential for spoiling. Some folks might not want to know about what happens in the episode, and that was a bit specific.

11. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    For those that are interested in Greg's acting resume, attached is the only commercial that I've read that he has made. It was a Heineken commercial in 2003 with Jennifer Aniston.

12. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Preliminary results are up. Please note that a response bonus has not been calculated yet for the Leg 6 questions as its dependent upon final scores for Leg 5.

With two legs, there are a lot of points up for grabs tonight. The only certain thing is that CoriBright will be in the lead (along with someone else) at the end of tonight's episodes.

13. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    Well, been on vacation and just remembered that I had not answered this weeks questions. Thus ends this seasons quest for victory. :D

14. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Same here, I just got back from skiing in Park City.

I was all the way up to 5th place. Damn vacation.:lol:

15. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I missed a week, and I only seem to be in .... um.... last place because of it.

Oh.

Meh. I suck.

16. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I missed a week, and I only seem to be in .... um.... last place because of it.

Actually you were middle of the pack due to your missed week.

However due to your slow response for Leg 5 questions, a number of folks behind you were able to tie up to your score starting this leg.

17. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    For Q3, you mention the tie option being -2 if correct, but there is no tie option. Did you mean the nobody option and just forgot to change it when you copy/pasted last weeks question?

18. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    oops. Thats a holdout from last week's question using the detours. Not applicable for this week.

19. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    So then for those that chose "Nobody" for Leg 6, if there ends up not being a roadblock they just get 0 instead of losing time?

20. heathadiesel

heathadiesel New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    I just looked at the preliminary results and it says I chose no detour, but I answered the second detour - it's answered on my email at any rate. Or am I just confused?