Amazing Race Contest: LEG 8 QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Apr 8, 2005 #1 of 34
    Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This week's questions are now online!

Deadline to reply to the questions is noon (Eastern time) prior to the airing of the show (April 12th)

If you have not already read the rules, please do so now.

Click here when you are ready to begin. Your time will begin once you click the START button found on that page.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a timed question. Before pressing START, make certain you are prepared to spend a few minutes answering them. Time begins when you press START, and ends when you hit the FINISH button found on the page after.

Good Luck!!!

GRAND PRIZE THIS SEASON IS A $200 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO DISH DEPOT
    2nd Place prize is a $50 Gift Certificate to an online retailer of your choice.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Danny - did you mean to not have the "no detour" option available for this leg?

3. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I haven't had a specific box for it this contest. If you don't do either detour, you are automatically a no-detour. Usually I have instructions saying so, but I had to rewrite them all this week and forgot to include that.

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Ah, I thought there had been a specific box to check in the form.

5. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    There was last season... haven't used it this.

6. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    ~3 hours till deadline.

7. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Are you planning on getting the results, or at least the raw data, up before the show? I like to play the play-at-home game.

8. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I put the raw data in an excel file above.

I need to doublecheck with data above with the email confirmations. There are a higher number of no-detours than normal so its possible some info is missing.

9. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    It's kinda funny that everyone missed something for detour 2 (or at least those who's data is posted at least). Everyone either didn't included the 3 correct teams, had 3 teams but one was incorrect, or listed all three teams correctly but added additional information for a non-elimination leg that is incorrect.

10. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Can I be doing any worse. Is there a prize for last place? I could use a fast forwards any time now...

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I completely missed the questions this week.

12. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Did I win yet? :)

13. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    No. And you won't for at least another month, if even then.

14. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I was kdding. ;) I don't think I'll win.

I'm just having fun.

15. bgilmore

bgilmore Cool Member

Feb 12, 2003
    I really think that my answers where correct, I know that Paul and Amie where elimated when in episode 5 of season one and Lenny and Karyn where elimated in episode 7 which was at the Taj Mahal.
    Billy

16. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Paul/Amie were eliminated in S1E5 (Tunisa).
    Lenny and Karyn were eliminated in S1E7 (India).
    Monica/Sheree and Tian/Jaree Season were eliminated in S4, E6 and E7 respectively (both in India).
    Kami/Karli were eliminated in S5E10 (New Zealand).
    Brandon/Nicole were non-eliminated in S5E9 (India).

So prior to last nights episode, TAR had pit stops in India 4 times, 3 of which were elimination rounds. I neglected to put S1's pitstop. CoriBright had only 1 of the 3 teams and said there were two non-elimination pit stops. Marvin had the S4 teams and the non-elimination correct (even though it wasn't asked for), but had the eliminated team of the wrong leg of S1. You had the right 3 teams that were eliminated, but you also included the non-elimination leg as additional information. The question specifically asked "which teams were eliminated?" Even if you count your additional information as "supplemental" because you qualified it with saying it was a non-elimination round, you had the wrong team. It was Brandon/Nicole that were non-eliminated because they didn't want to shave their hair.

17. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I'll have to do some screen captures of last night's episode of both the printed clue AND Phil's face when he threw them the curve ball. Something ws definately up when they showed the mat but not the usual Pit Stop wording.

India.... again? It seems that they have skipped Europe entirely on this race. I wonder if they get to go to Japan this time around.

18. bgilmore

bgilmore Cool Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Where I made the mistake was that I included Kami/Karli because most of the episode was in India and they finished the episode in New Zealand where they were eliminated. I am not sure why I included them, I thought that it would be ok seeing that they did compete in India and and was eliminated just after they left. I could have used the loss in days but I included too much info.
    Billy

19. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    The curve definitely would be a suprised to them. Last season was the first time TAR did a 2-part show isn't it? And the racers wouldn't have seen last season's episode because they were either still filming their own race, or it had already been filmed when last season's episodes were aired.

One of the racers even exclaimed that something was up because it was worded differently. I still don't know why they put a silly To Be Continued episode in there. Last season there was a logic (albeit still silly) TBC episode because Lori/Bolo missed the train putting them WAY behind everyone else if there had been an elimination... But last night M/G were behind, but it was because G appeared to be stupid/clueless about looking in containers...just wandering aimlessly. Up until that point, it wasn't completely obvious who would come in last.

And I'm still suprised none of the teams went for the coal. Yeah it was harder work, but I bet it would have taken less time to do that then to wander around a large unorganized office building looking for 5 of 10 specific people that you can't pronounce their names. It's not like they had to physically carry the coal on their backs...they were to use a cart.

20. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    cdru don't try to take my position away from me.:lol: