Amazing Race Contest: LEG 8b QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This week's questions are now online!

Deadline to reply to the questions is noon (Eastern time) prior to the airing of the show (April 12th)

If you have not already read the rules, please do so now.

Click here when you are ready to begin. Your time will begin once you click the START button found on that page.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a timed question. Before pressing START, make certain you are prepared to spend a few minutes answering them. Time begins when you press START, and ends when you hit the FINISH button found on the page after.

Good Luck!!!

GRAND PRIZE THIS SEASON IS A $200 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO DISH DEPOT
    2nd Place prize is a $50 Gift Certificate to an online retailer of your choice.

Results:
    THIS WEEKS RESULTS

CUMULATIVE RESULTS

2. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Is the deadline still noon on Tuesday? I'm presuming that you just miss changing the date above.

3. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I'll leave it as noon. Yup, just forgot.

4. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    just over 10 hours till poll closes.

FYI: The Q4 question was changed and is not the same as in Leg8, but I didn't completely delete the description from last week. Surprised nobody noticed this till now.

If anyone wants to change their vote, log back in and answer just that question without any penalty.

5. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Had to check...yes, I think I read that question right and didn't take the time to read the description. :)

6. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I didn't notice the mismatch until I went back to print the questions/answers. Initially I read it and noticed the question was different then from L8a, but like you I didn't read the scoring description.

7. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    Hey Danny,

I logged back in to review question four. Decided to go with my initial answers so I didn't resubmit anything.

8. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Danny, I screwed up and used my real name instead of mwgiii on my answer page.

Do I need to do anything to correct it?

9. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    With your quest to be the worse player, I would have though you would want the opportunity to start out at the bottom of the list AND get non-response penalties for your normal entry username.

10. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    hehe... figured it out on my own. No worries. You aren't the first one to do it.

Posting preliminary data above. Please check for any omissions, errors.

11. bgilmore

bgilmore Cool Member

Feb 12, 2003
    How come 8b is listed by the times it took us to answer? And not by our day total?
    billy

12. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Its just in the state I last left it in.

I can't grade the response bonus until I had the Leg 8 scores complete, and keeping it in time order is most convenient for that.

I'll be watching the show tonight (didn't have time last night) and will have scoring up afterwards in a more final form.

13. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I seem to be doing better. Had I not missed a whole week, I might be in the lead now, or closer anyway. :D

14. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    :lol: That way I could be a double winner.

I was actually doing pretty well (this time) until I missed a week while I was on vacation.

15. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    How did you determin who opened the roadblock clue Danny? I can see Kelly since we see her holding the clue and reaching to pull the strip, but we don't actually SEE her open it. Same goes for Alex. He holds the curled up strip, but we don't actually SEE him open it. The other two just show the team member reading it. We don't even get a clue as to who might have opened it. We saw last week that Ron opened it, but Kelly immediately grabbed it and read it. I would have though the correct answer for at least R/A and M/G would be neither since it wasn't shown.

16. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I'll review it again tonight and make a ruling.

17. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Here were the questions from this leg taken from the webpage printout:
    Edited: I didn't have them...I really had L9's questions