Amazing Race Season 7 Pre-Contest Poll: Who wins?

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Danny R, Feb 9, 2005.

Which team wins the Amazing Race, Season 7?

1. Brian/Greg - brothers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Debbie/Bianca - lifelong friends

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Lynn/Alex - boyfriends

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Megan/Heidi - roomates

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Meredith/Gretchen - grandparents

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ray/Deana - dating on and off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Robfather/Amber - engaged

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Ron/Kelly - dating

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  9. Ryan/Chuck - best friends

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  10. Susan/Patrick - mother/son

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. Uchenna/Joyce - married

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Feb 9, 2005 #1 of 23
    Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Same as last time. Who do you think will win this season?

This poll will stay open till the end of February. The answers WILL have an impact on the contest for next season, although perhaps not in the same manner as before.

2. Feb 9, 2005 #2 of 23
    saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    So you're doing it again? Oh, you brave, poor fool!

But very cool :) Thanks!!!

3. Feb 9, 2005 #3 of 23
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Yeah, aside from The Mole (NOT the celebrity version), the Amazing Race is my favorite "reality" show. I'm definately dedicated to watching it.

I know many don't like him, but I'm a fan of the "Rob-father" as well, and can't wait to see them in play again. I'm already excited about the next season. I probably won't even watch Survivor, and thus need something to watch this spring. ;)

4. Feb 9, 2005 #4 of 23
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Rob and Amber are a pair that I can actually root for, as opposed to Allison and what'shisface from last season.

5. Feb 9, 2005 #5 of 23
    ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    Should be a fun and interesting race once again. I hope the Ron/Kelly team goes far. He should be able to handle stress situations since he was shot down and captured in Iraq. As we all know, It comes down to how well you handle stress as a team, how well you navigate as a team, how strong physically you are as a combined team and how lucky you are as a team with the cab drivers. Boston Rob and Amber.....they have had their 15 minutes of fame! Wonder if they will be next seasons Jonathan and Victoria in some way.

6. Feb 9, 2005 #6 of 23
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Oh cool. Didn't realize that Ron was Ron Young. I can definately cheer him on as well. His girlfriend is a pageant winner, so she probably knows a bit about pressure too, although of a different kind.

Since he's local to me, wonder if I can find out where his family and friends will be watching.

7. Feb 9, 2005 #7 of 23
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Hayden and Aaron proved this point in Leg 11 multiple times. I think that if they would have kept their cool and didn't let it get to them as much as it did, they could have done better. Kris and Jon had some set backs, and were fustrated at times, but didn't let it effect them like it did with Hayden and so they always bounced back quickly.

A good portion of the game is just dumb luck. Sometimes you get great cab drivers, find that lock quickly, or choose the right car in Germany...othertimes you don't.

They won't be the villains that Jonathan/Victoria were, but they are definitely going to be polarized. You are going to have the Romber fan club cheering them on to win at every turn just like the Romber hate club will be cheering them on to fail at every turn. Both clubs will watch the same show and spin doctor everything they do differently. I see them more as a Colin/Christie type of team then Jonathan/Victoria.

8. Feb 9, 2005 #8 of 23
    Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I see them more as a Colin/Christie type of team then Jonathan/Victoria.

I just don't see this. Did Rob ever really lose his temper during survivor?

9. Feb 9, 2005 #9 of 23
    cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I wasn't meaning temper-wise, more "evil coniving"-wise.

10. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    My vote in the villain category goes to Ray of Ray & Deana. "Ray describes himself as cocky and admits that he’s never wrong about anything." Yeah, that should play well.

11. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    When I saw Rob and Amber are going to be on the next show, I wanted to throw up. Allison and Donny was a joke. The only reason Amber and Rob are on is because of their tie to Survivor. I don't like the cross mixing and I think it adds nothing to the show. Actually deters from it. It is like bringing people back for an All-Star show or having B rate actors do reality shows. Just no appeal in it and when you mix the two.. Yuck!

Part of the appeal to show like the survivor is that they are actually real people for the most part. When you start adding people with some background in other reality shows or B rate actors it just looses is appeal in my opinion. As I see it Rob and Amber are taking up a spot where two interesting people could fill. I personally have had my fill or Rob and Amber as I did with Allison and Donna.

In my opinion... Bad Move Amazing Race producers.

12. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I think cdru stated it best. They polarize the show. I'm a fan of the two, and it makes me look forward to seeing how they'll act. Obviously you feel the opposite.

Guess we'll see what happens.

13. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    FYI: This just in... A great prize from a sponsor you will all recognize has just been confirmed!

This season's contest will likewise be considered an "official" DBSTalk contest as well.

News will be released early next week.

14. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    cdru is giving up his new computer? :D

15. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Say what? Did I miss something here? I never said I was giving up my computer (although it is getting up there in age...)

16. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    But previous season's have been "unofficial" so the "1 prize per year" rule wouldn't apply, right?

Now I am going to have to decide if I want to win the "Know your Mods" or TAR7 more....

17. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    Danny said "A great prize from a sponsor you will all recognize". We all recognize you, and it would be a great prize.

Doesn't the big grin mean "joke" anymore? These things move so fast for me...

18. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    But previous season's have been "unofficial" so the "1 prize per year" rule wouldn't apply, right?

Yeah, previous winners of this contest are eligible to win the Season 7 contest.

But since this will be an "official" contest, the usual official rules will apply. So you can disqualify yourself by winning another DBSTalk contest.

19. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I personally don't think Danny would be a great prize for myself. Now one of his avatar, that's a whole nother story. :)

20. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Prize is a $200 Dish Depot gift certificate.

Not too shabby.:)