Amazing Race Talk-LEG 11 (9/14)

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Holtz, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    CUSTOMS REGULATIONS: New Zealand’s customs authorities may enforce strict regulations concerning temporary importation into or export from New Zealand of certain items, including firearms and agricultural products. Handguns may not be brought into the country, and a permit for other firearms must be obtained from the New Zealand police immediately after arrival. Tourists have also faced police inquiries as a result of importing or brandishing toy weapons. The Ministry of Agriculture of New Zealand has stringent requirements for the entry of food and agricultural products. Travelers are required to declare any items that come under agricultural quarantine restrictions as stated on the customs form at the port of entry. Heavy fines have been levied against those attempting to bring in undeclared prohibited items.

On the next episode of The Amazing Race:
    [size=+2]It's Okay, Run Them Over[/size]
    • The teams travel to the Coconut Palace in Manila, Philippines.
    • One Team gets lost right out of the Pit Stop and starts fighting with each other.
    • Several Racers have to face their fear of heights in a harrowing Roadblock that forces them to walk across a narrow girder high above the waters of Auckland Harbor. Will they be able to complete the task?
    • After 10 legs of the Race, one Team finally decides to use the Yield. The Yielded Team is stunned and furious. Will time lost during the Yield mean elimination?
    • One Team finds themselves stuck in the mud at the mercy of a stubborn ox.

2. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad:

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Hmmm...should I like the sound of that? :D I didn't do as well this week as I was hoping, but didn't miss everything either...

4. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Nah. I probably did similar. I got the leader (Q1), missed the loser (Q2), got 3 of the 4 Detour participants (got Linda and Karen confused...I really did mean to choose the blond...honest!). I really missed the yield, but I bet a lot of people did as well. I really hope that someone predicted that they wouldn't drop.

And for the detour...we'll just have to wait and see about the times.

My post above was that this was a non-elimination round. I was expecting the first half of next week's episode to be the non-elimination leg. While Christie is easy on my eyes, I so wanted to see them go. Colin as been an ******* throughout the game. Christie had been better...but after this episode she really is a perfect mate for Colin. They really are alike. Her attitude in the cab was crazy.

5. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Departure from pit stop:
    1. Colin & Christie (FP-3 5 6 8-10, FF#1-5) - 4:56 AM
    2. Linda & Karen (LP-5 6) - 6:23 AM
    3. Brandon & Nicole (FP-2, LP-9) - 6:46 AM
    4. Chip & Kim (FP-1 7, LP-10) - 7:02 AM
    Time Differential: 2:08
    Money given: Not known

Arrival at pit stop:
    1. Chip & Kim (FP-1 7 11, LP-10, YU-11) :icon_lol:
    2. Linda & Karen (LP-5 6)
    3. Brandon & Nicole (FP-2 11, LP-9)
    4. Colin & Christie (FP-3 5 6 8-10, LP-11, FF#1-5, YR-11) :box:

6. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    No kidding! I keep trying to figure out what she was going to say and then wisely didn't. It went something like "Run them over. Run them over. They're not im---". "Important", maybe? I can only come up with a few possible finishes for that sentence, even if she didn't say "im---", and all of them paint her as being very bigoted (whether towards race or nationality, I can't tell).

7. saulres

saulres Legend

Sep 18, 2002
    Does anyone know how much time Colin spent being dragged by the ox as compared to the other teams who didn't treat the detour like a roadblock?

8. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Most interest episode yet... too many good moments...

• A bowling mom scared of the bridge.
    • Everyone racing to see who gets to yeild C&C first.
    • Colin just fuming and staring at Chip.
    • Colin really fowling up at the detour. I almost expected his head to explode.
    • Everyone trying to get a taxi into Manilla, and Chip going "Get there first, and I'll give you $300."

Yield may be a bad idea. They should really place it at the king of all equalizers... the airport.

9. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    To be correct, Chip didn't say I'll give you $300. He said I'll give you 300. One could presume USD since 300 Philippines Pesos equals about $5.34USD, but you can't be certian. How often do foreign taxis accept USD?

I say the yield should not have the person who yielded you. Now half of the last episode is going to be spent with the drama of two teams fighting back and forth over Chip/Kim "cheating" or "not playing fair" (note to Christie: The taxi cab driver could care less). If I wanted to see fighting, I'll watchi my three boys play.

10. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Foreign Taxis love USD.

Also, I think my ox is broken.

11. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Collin needs some prozac....remember his incident in Africa with the taxi driver?