1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Deal Brings Viacom TV Shows to Prime Streaming

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Athlon646464, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
  2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    As I posted on another thread the games afoot. The streaming war has begun. 2012 should be a interesting year in deciding which players survive and who will be top dog.

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Yeah, it's going to get very interesting. I would bet NetFlix is in it for the long haul and Amazon VOD as well. I don't like or use HULU, they have limited programs that all have commercial interruptions. I can't see how Crackle can survive down the road either.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    It doesn't matter what content Amazon acquires rights to unless and until they add search capability for Prime content and create some kind of user-generated favorites list (queue), I'll still prefer Netflix ten-to-one. Showing an filtered list of 300 movies from which to choose is ridiculous! I'm an Amazon Prime sub, but I seldom go there unless I can't find a particular movie or tv show that I want to see on Netflix .

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Totally agree on a search feature

6. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    You know, now that you guys mention it - I never thought of that. Whenever I use Amazon, I know what I'm going to watch and do a search for that program and then watch it. They do need a favorites or some sort of queue.