Amazon Prime Music

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Cholly, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    As a longtime Amazon Prime member, I recently got the new benefit of Amazon Music membership. I didn't give it too much thought until yesterday even though I'd downnloaded the app to my Galaxy Tab 4 tablet. Wanting to listen to some music, I decided to give it a try, and was astonished at the amount of free music available for listening. If you're a Prime member and haven't downloaded the app, give it a try. It's one of the better music apps available. :righton:

3 people like this.
  2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Yessir, big thumbs up here. We've enjoyed it quite a bit. Sirius/XM might not be renewed.

Peace,
    Tom

3. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Pretty much the same with the Amazon Echo - I can play tons (an amazing
    amount) of music of all genres and generations, with just a voice command
    - even from another room!

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Y, wife and I had 'dueling song requests' to Echo for several hours the first night we had it.

5. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Who won?

6. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Of course she did, I'm not a stupid man! Although we like a lot of the same music despite the 10 years difference in age.

7. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I'm also a fan of Amazon's music offerings. I have an Amazon Fire tablet so I can also borrow books free. The $99 Amazon Prime annual charge is a bargain.

8. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    My Echo is being delivered today. Any tips or warnings?

9. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Periodically, ask her if she has any new features. The latest is IFTTT trigger phrases. Basically anything you can create in IFTTT can be triggered by Alexa.

And ask her to tell you a Donald Trump (or Ben Carson) joke.

We also enjoy the integration with Wink for controlling things around the house.

10. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Follow the instructions. The most basic tip is that she has to connect comfortably with your home wifi signal. I use "she" because ...well... because.

We use ours for shopping lists, to control lights through our Insteon controller, and playing music. And, of course, to hear an occasional joke or a weather report.

11. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I found she has interesting answers to some questions. Generally if you ask something that requires judgement, she declines to answer. But if you ask her favorite color, you might find there are Monty Python fans at Amazon. Which leads to certain other questions...

12. ronton3

ronton3 AllStar

Mar 15, 2006
    I have the new FTV, and prime, I was pleasantly surprised that when I said into the remote "White Rabbit" up popped several versions. Not sure why I still like Grace Slick, but there is something about that song. ron