Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tcatdbs, Dec 20, 2019.

1. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Nice to have Prime on the Hopper. Any chance it will come to the Joey? Very odd I can added channel 301 to my hope favorites, but not on my Joey. Wife hates using the Roku, and "her" tv had the Joey. I say odd, because Netflix it's on the Joey.

2. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    I goto 301 and it has nothing there. How do i set it up with my prime account?

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Amazon Prime Video Debuts on DISH Hopper 3

December 16, 2019
    - Stream Amazon Originals, movies and TV shows directly from DISH's Hopper platform
    - Amazon's 4K titles available to stream with Hopper 3 and 4K TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Dec. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH today released the Amazon Prime Video app on Hopper 3, expanding its streaming content options on the award-winning DVR. Amazon Prime complements the existing DISH experience by allowing customers to instantly stream their favorite Amazon Originals, including "Tom Clancy'sJack Ryan" and Emmy Award-winning "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," from the same platform as their DISH TV programming.

"Amazon Prime Video on Hopper gives our customers the most seamless way to access the content they already know and love," said Brian Neylon, group president of DISH TV. "Rather than switching between inputs, devices or even remotes to watch Prime Video, our customers get the convenience of having all of their programming in one place, providing more value to the Hopper 3 experience."

To access the Prime Video app, users can say "Launch Prime Video" into the DISH voice remote or launch the experience via the guide on channel 301.

"We're committed to providing customers with the best viewing experience possible and that means giving them even more ways to watch Prime Video," said Andrew Bennett, director of worldwide business development for Amazon Prime Video. "With Prime Video now available on Hopper 3, we are making it easy for even more DISH customers to immediately start enjoying their favorite TV shows and movies on Prime Video."

Prime Video is available to all Hopper 3 customers and accessible via the app menu or DISH voice remote. Amazon's 4K content is also available to Hopper 3 customers with a 4K TV.

Amazon Prime joins DISH's catalog of integrated video streaming options, including Netflix, YouTube and YouTube Kids.

4. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Check to make sure the channel isn't filtered out in your guide ("All Subscribed" or "All Channels" should allow the channel to be shown).
    Also (as noted) this would only be on the Hopper 3, not Joeys.

5. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    I have the hopper 3 and saying launch amazon prime does nothing ch 301 is listed but when i goto it all i get is a black screen saying amazon prime in upper left and NO TITLES FOUND. Also on menu screen i see netflix youtube youtube kids but no amazon prime app.

6. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The app may not have downloaded to your receiver yet. Give it time.

7. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    And make sure software updated to u544. Hopefully will come to Joey. Netflix is there, so Prime should be.

8. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Select Menu and the Prime Video button will be on the screen. Works great.

9. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    no its not. I got channel 301 in the guide and i can click on it/. but i f i enter 301 as a channel number with remote or look in menu no amazon prime

10. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    Just checked says software u542 is there a way to force the update. I tried the update software function didnt change.

11. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Turn off your receiver (standby mode, leave it plugged in to power and the satellite !!). The receiver will take the update automatically.

DISH targets ranges of receivers (important if there is an unexpected issue with an update - they can catch it before affecting all customers). It may be that your receiver has not yet been targeted.

12. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I enter 301 on remote, goes right to Prime.

13. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    No recordings can be occurring when u go into standby if u want updates to be downloaded. I have been recording something every second since i got my unit installed about a week ago thursday. lol

PS IT DID DOWNLOAD THEN.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  14. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Give it an hour off if you want Amazon Prime. :)

15. Tstar41

Tstar41 New Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I have the Amazon Prime app on my Hopper, but I don’t have it on the Joey. My Joey software is U758. Channel 301 does not show Amazon Prime. Nor dies the voice search. How can I add this app to my Joey’s? Thank you.

16. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is not yet available on the Joey.